Repubs Agenda

What should the Repubs do now that they have the full Congress under their control?

2 general school of thoughts out there:

1. Repubs were voted in to oppose Obama and follow a new path on everything. The argument is if the voters wanted the Repubs to get something done via cooperation with Obama, the voters would have voted for Dems. Thus the voters see Reid as the obstructionist and Obama policies as the problem.

Therefore, the Repubs should start by repealing ACA - when it fails due to a veto, they should do it piece by piece.

They should initiate their own immigration reform - starting with border fence, stop amnesty, etc

They should pass a budget that cuts spending.

Investigate all of the Obama 'scandals' (which IMO would doom the Repubs in 2016 if they make investigations a center piece of their efforts)

Just ignore Obama and treat him as the lame duck that he now is

Etc

2. People are generally tired of gridlock. Its been gridlocked wt Reid, now its time to let the Repubs give it a chance. Therefore, to show progress, the Repubs should work real close wt Obama and compromise to get 'something' done. Thinking back to how Clinton & Newt got some good things done.

Therefore, the Repubs should work with Obama to improve the ACA. Tweak it were needed but don't repeal.

They should work hand in hand with Obama on immigration reform and amnesty

They should reverse Dem filibusterer rules - rules changed by Reid

They should publicly close the book on scandal investigations

Etc

The discussion questions:

1 What route do you think the repubs should go?

2 Which route do you think they will actually go? Related: How big of a struggle will there be in the party between moderates (which may like option 2 above) and tea party (option1)

3. What should be the top 5 issues they should tackle?

4. Which route do you think Obama will go - work wt Congress or remain ideologically pure and fight Congress all of the way wt his 'pen, phone, and veto' via executive action.

Pretty obvious why I've got that guy on ignore from that quote. Glad to know it's still a solid choice.

Anyway, Option 2 is what they should do, but Option 1 is what will happen. Lip service will be paid to attempting Option 2, so they can claim Obama and the Democrats continue their obstructionist ways before they move on to their real goal. Option 1.

And let me make this clear...moderate Republicans are not the issue here. Repubtards are the issue, and that applies to the "Republicans" (if you can really call them that) who are part of the Tea Party, or agree with the Tea Party. In other words, the people that actually pull the strings because most Republicans are too pu&&y and worried about losing their jobs to stand up to them.

So the Repubtards will go on the warpath at some point, dragging Republicans with them, and pretty much screw Republican chances in 2016. There will be discontent among the Republicans about this, but it won't be loud because they are a collective bunch of pussies (same is true of the Democrats who ran this midterm, btw, for different reasons) who think they need to fall in line.

Issues - tweaking the ACA to make it better, there's lots of room for improvement. Immigration reform, we all know something needs to be done. Keystone pipeline is an issue that needs to be put to bed one way or the other.

I honestly don't know enough about what goes on in Washington to have an opinion. This is also the reason I don't vote, because I'm not informed enough to make a credible vote. My choice, however I do, think more conservatively...sometimes emotionally but I will own my dumb remarks at times.

I just can't bring myself to vote with a good conscience, when I don't know enough about it in the first place.

1 What route do you think the repubs should go? Cut spending, cut taxes, seal the southern border, work out a plan for work visas etc for illegals in country.

Keep up plans on National Defense via renewing our warheads, beyond that the military needs to shrink, the Navy doesn't want as many carriers as they have also the next gen is on the way cut that, focus money on special ops, advanced weaponry.

Balance the budget, renew calls for balanced budget amendment, lock Federal spending to 10-12% of GDP unless time of declared war. Remove the death tax, cap tax rates at 25%, for individuals and corporations. True SS reform, we can no longer kick the can, those currently on, and heading into it (say 10-15 yearas out) get current system.

2 Which route do you think they will actually go? Related: How big of a struggle will there be in the party between moderates (which may like option 2 above) and tea party (option1). Tax cut for the rich, more spending deficit will swell, debt continues, pass some form of amnesty, attempt Obama impeachment, shoot themselves in the dick over a social issue, drop Pres in 2016 by running a Romney/McCain ticket.

3. What should be the top 5 issues they should tackle?

1 Border

2 SS

3 Spending

4 Taxes

5 Anything that is good for the country and both side agree on, to get the ball rolling (good luck on that!)

4. Which route do you think Obama will go - work wt Congress or remain ideologically pure and fight Congress all of the way wt his 'pen, phone, and veto' via executive action. He will work with them at first depending on what bills get brought up. Min wage is dead until after 2016, some sort of amnesty will pass in 2015, Vote to repeal Obamacare will result in veto, after that back to gridlock.

EDIT: Bold flavors.

Why are we so obsessed with border control? The US has had largely open borders for most of our history, and there's plenty of evidence that open borders help the economy. So why are Republicans going so crazy over people immigrating from Mexico? Why aren't we concerned about the Canadian border?

• Fire 3

I certainly don't consider myself a Democrat, however in the taste test between a douche and a turd sandwhich, whichever is the Democrat candidate usually (not always) wins for me lately. That said, I took a large amount of enjoyment from seeing the Democratic candidates pretty much just give up and not bother to campaign on multitude of positive things they actually could have. It's usually the Republicans that are good for a self-owning like that. Funny role reversal.

Pretty obvious why I've got that guy on ignore from that quote. Glad to know it's still a solid choice.

Anyway, Option 2 is what they should do, but Option 1 is what will happen. Lip service will be paid to attempting Option 2, so they can claim Obama and the Democrats continue their obstructionist ways before they move on to their real goal. Option 1.

And let me make this clear...moderate Republicans are not the issue here. Repubtards are the issue, and that applies to the "Republicans" (if you can really call them that) who are part of the Tea Party, or agree with the Tea Party. In other words, the people that actually pull the strings because most Republicans are too pu&&y and worried about losing their jobs to stand up to them.

So the Repubtards will go on the warpath at some point, dragging Republicans with them, and pretty much screw Republican chances in 2016. There will be discontent among the Republicans about this, but it won't be loud because they are a collective bunch of pussies (same is true of the Democrats who ran this midterm, btw, for different reasons) who think they need to fall in line.

Issues - tweaking the ACA to make it better, there's lots of room for improvement. Immigration reform, we all know something needs to be done. Keystone pipeline is an issue that needs to be put to bed one way or the other.

There's one example.