Best Case Scenario

So I'm wondering here, just what is the best outcome we can hope for in the next few weeks. In my thinking, we beat Whisky this week, and Minny takes out Ohio St. Whiskey jumps in the rankings around 20ish. We beat them the following week, take care of Iowa and beat Mich St or Ohio St in the conference championship. We close out the year Big 10 Champs and end the year beating three ranked teams in our last four games. No way we don't make the playoffs then.

I don't know if I will go so far as Po in saying that a Conference championship over an 11-1 OSU gets us in automatically. But next weekends game is shaping up to be a big matchup and Minnesota is no slouch. If we can beat both of those teams, a meh Iowa, and win a top 10 matchup for the conference, it'd be hard to ignore...

There's simply other teams with better resumes at this point ahead of us. We'd have a fair shot, but I don't know if we'd hop a higher ranked PAC-12 champ with a better resume or a Big 12 champ TCU who last by 3 last minute to one-loss Baylor.

They have a terrible loss, that will affect the ranking this week is my guess. Them beating Michigan State at home, and us losing to them may even drop us some, not slots, but opinion of the committee. beating a 25th ranked team is not going to help anyone much.

TCU/Baylor if they win out is in.

SEC team that wins out or remains at 1 loss is in.

Florida State Team if they remain unbeaten is in, but that is the weak link

Oregon or Arizona State finishing with 1 loss is in.

A lot have to lose for the Big to get in, but the easiest one may be Florida State, Notre Dame getting killed did not do them any good with all their narrow wins. But they will have to lose to someone to get dropped below 4.

Ohio State winning was the worst thing for the conference actually I think.

We have no quality wins, unless Miami should beat Florida State.

I would just rather worry about getting by Wisconsin than anything else.