Roll Call for Madison

Who is heading to Madison and what are your plans?

I'm leaving early Friday morning and driving out. Plan to hit Potosi and New Glarus breweries on the way there and then hit State Street later that night. Whiskey Jack's was a good time last time I was up there. Pretty big bar and was packed with Husker fans. Well, pretty much all the bars were. State Street Brats is also a must. Cool place.

Safe travels and GBR!

• Fire 1

I am making the drive. Staying in Des Moines on Thursday night and then heading up to Madison Friday afternoon. We will probably hit up State Street on Friday night and then do bar tailgating on Saturday due to the weather. Heading up with my brother and two cousins. Would be fun to meet up somewhere and put some (screen)names to faces.

Whiskey Jack's? Are you a 19 year old girl who wants to get wasted on rail rum and cokes?

Go up to the Capitol Square an go somewhere decent likeThe Old Fashioned or The Great Dane.

If you must go to the college bars, at least go to the Kollege Klub or State Street Brats, I guess.

Oh, I'm sorry. I've been to Madison once and I recall going to one bar that was full of my fellow Nebraksa fans. How stupid of me. Please, berate my choice of bars in a town I barely know anything about.

• Fire 7

Oh, save me from the Nebraska victim Olympics... At least until after the game on Saturday.

I was just joking...Obviously I don't think you are a 19 year old girl. Notice that I followed up with some thoughtful suggestions of where you actually might have a more enjoyable time.

Sheesh, Corn Nation is on edge this week!

Oh, save me from the Nebraska victim Olympics... At least until after the game on Saturday.

I was just joking...Obviously I don't think you are a 19 year old girl. Notice that I followed up with some thoughtful suggestions of where you actually might have a more enjoyable time.

Sheesh, Corn Nation is on edge this week!

Well the joke's on you becasue I am a 19 year old girl that wants to be wasted off of rail rum and cokes. Face!

• Fire 8

I live in Madison right now. Happy to make anyone suggestions and help out any way I can.

Here's the stuff the Alumni association is hosting: http://www.huskeralum.org/s/1620/index.aspx?sid=1620&gid=1&pgid=252&cid=2049&ecid=2049&crid=0&calpgid=419&calcid=1741

I haven't heard about anything at Tanners. This year the Alumni group has been meeting at Babes instead of Tanners, so I don't know if that's still going to be happening. Tanner's is owned by a Nebraska guy, but he lives in Omaha and the bar was decidedly Badgers oriented when I was there earlier this year.