I Feel Bad for Bo . . .

if bo's back next year, i bet a lot of fans won't be.

They say that every time, yet there they are. I bet they will. If it had been up to internet polls, TO would've been long gone and we probably never win an MNC in the 90's. You're gonna make a business decision based on a Barry Alvarez team beating Nebraska?

you know, yesterday was not the first embarrassment of the pelini era. so, it would be a decision based on the aggregate.

• Fire 2

On the human level, I feel bad for Bo. His entire dream is blowing up in front of him. Forget the reasons why the team has fallen apart, or who is to blame. I just feel bad because Bo has tried so hard to make this work, but it hasn't. I feel bad for his family. His little girls have grown up in Lincoln. This is home to them. Sadly, it probably won't be for much longer because of what has happened. Being a father, I couldn't even imagine how hard that news would be to break to my girls that we had to leave town.

Most of us want a new coach next year. But let's not forget that there will be real human pain if this comes about. Our little personal inconveniences or disappointments over watching our team lose, is small potatoes compared to the pain that Bo and his family will feel.

Yes, Bo gets paid about fifty million a year. And, yes, coaches lives are transitory. That still doesn't mean that there will be pain to go around. My heart goes out to Bo and his family.

Coaches getting fired is an occupational reality. As far as feeling bad for his kids, do you think his behavior sets a good example for them? They probably would be better off if he wasn't coaching. Besides, he's got enough Husker money to live wherever he wants.

On the human level, I feel bad for Bo. His entire dream is blowing up in front of him. Forget the reasons why the team has fallen apart, or who is to blame. I just feel bad because Bo has tried so hard to make this work, but it hasn't. I feel bad for his family. His little girls have grown up in Lincoln. This is home to them. Sadly, it probably won't be for much longer because of what has happened. Being a father, I couldn't even imagine how hard that news would be to break to my girls that we had to leave town.

Most of us want a new coach next year. But let's not forget that there will be real human pain if this comes about. Our little personal inconveniences or disappointments over watching our team lose, is small potatoes compared to the pain that Bo and his family will feel.

Yes, Bo gets paid about fifty million a year. And, yes, coaches lives are transitory. That still doesn't mean that there will be pain to go around. My heart goes out to Bo and his family.

If this were a reason few coaches would ever be fired.

They say that every time, yet there they are. I bet they will. If it had been up to internet polls, TO would've been long gone and we probably never win an MNC in the 90's. You're gonna make a business decision based on a Barry Alvarez team beating Nebraska?

I don't think the internet was around when TO was on the hot seat.

That was the point.

you know, yesterday was not the first embarrassment of the pelini era. so, it would be a decision based on the aggregate.

Hopefully. I know everybody is mad about whatever that was....just think the guys in charge should make a rational decision based on what's best after the season is over. We still have three games to play.

Hopefully. I know everybody is mad about whatever that was....just think the guys in charge should make a rational decision based on what's best after the season is over. We still have three games to play.

The guys in charge will do just that.....and Pelini has strong relationships with them.

I think if we can all agree that our complaints are not personal....

don't you think there might be other humans that you can use your prayers on other than a wealthy, arrogant football coach who routinely verbally abuses people he comes across?

Seems like a good dude on a personal level. Probably a good husband and father. Hard not to respect that. Also seems to want to run a clean program for the most part. And you have to respect his loyalty (to a point).

But the man is stubborn as the day is long, runs some questionable schemes, and prioritizes his personal relationships over the welfare of the program. He has a fiduciary obligation to do what's best for the program, not use his position to hook his buddies up with coaching gigs.

He may make a good coach/coordinator somewhere else, but this is not the place for him.