NUpolo8 Goes to Madison, Only has to Apologize to a Few People.

NUpolo8

It all comes down to this. There is one major dichotomy in the Nebraska fan base at this time.

1. People who don't care that we look like fools and get blown out by 35 points regularly, as long as we reach the all important 9 wins.

2. People who are tired of being embarrassed, and want to see if *GASP*, a coach could potentially get to 9 wins AND not embarrass us twice a season while simultaneously telling us to *uck off.

By the way, we play 13-14 games now. 9 or 10 wins isn't what was when we were only playing 11-12 games.

I completely agree with you. My fiance and I went to Rosati's pizza and a group of four elderies started off and said "Sorry about the game." I said you have to play to win the game. When they left they all said they weren't expecting that outcome. Enough is enough. Things need to change. Sure, 9 wins are nice but if it is coupled with blowout losses and not even winning the division is horrible.

I completely agree with you. My fiance and I went to Rosati's pizza and a group of four elderies started off and said "Sorry about the game." I said you have to play to win the game. When they left they all said they weren't expecting that outcome. Enough is enough. Things need to change. Sure, 9 wins are nice but if it is coupled with blowout losses and not even winning the division is horrible.

That's another thing.

We need to back off on Wisconsin fans. They aren't the monsters they're made to be here. They act no different than we did in the glory days. Fun, talk some trash, and party hard. I had no issues with any Wisconsin fan.

great post, polo.

-from your greatest fan.

but i think what was missed and no one is discussing (your status update made me think of it), is that bo has no idea how to fix this. zero. and we know this because you watch him during the game and at his presser and you are watching a guy who has no clue how what happened just happened. as his temper demonstrates, he has no control over the situation. ohio st. demonstrated this to us. he was able to get us to forget by winning out, only to be painfully reminded again by wiscy. and two years later, after five years in, he still has no idea what is not working. and how can he fix it if he does not understand how it is broken?

'Lo, everyone.

I assume by this point everyone is back in their humble abodes, safe in their comfort zone away from any and all visions of that winter diorama of horror that was quarters 2-4 of that effort by a team that wears Nebraska colors.

RANDOM TRAVEL TIP: upon arriving in Madison, do not attempt to survive the day on only fried dairy products, New Glarus beer, and "red brats" (these are evidently different than "white" ones. I stick,with what worked) if you do, your plane ride home, will SUCK. Those poor souls on the the American Airlines flight back here, sorry you guys, I didn't have Ebola.

A whole new topic about this latest nail in coffin containing Nebraska Mystique probably isn't needed, but I'm not posting in my own thread dedicating to me (no one owes me an apology, btw), and I thought about bumping an old thread where talk about The Exact Same Thing, but I'm that's frowned upon at this point.

I think the thing that got me the most was that, I bought back in. Got to Madison, felt,the atmosphere, and it was pretty natural. Plus, I actually thought Nebraska had a better than fair shot of winning this thing. I'm pretty sure I high fived EZ-E somewhere. And Nebraska is never getting a better jump on a game on the road like that for a long time. Maybe ever.

Yep, Wisconsin handed that game over on a silver platter at the start. It was almost something you would expect the third best team in the Big Ten to do. And that's what Wisconsin is, the third best team in a middling power five conference. And they were good enough to call off the dogs, because there wasn't anyone on that field who appeared to care about trying to do,anything about it.

-not our purported top five draft pick. Bent over a knee that has given him trouble all year. So I guess we can thank our S&C or he's dogging it. Neither very good options (trend alert!)

-not our revamped offensive line, which spent most of the afternoon getting planted like pudgy white crimini mushrooms like some demented experiment by the Wisconsin d to see if fungi can grow in Fieldturf.

-nor vastly improved D. Which lost all bravado the minute Gordon found it's first seam. All heart, real or pretend, erased with 45 minutes remaining in the game. So we are left with another wonderful choice of whether our sports psychology is -that-bad or our motivation skills on our coaching staff is that bad. Which leads to....

-Our tightest coaching staff in America is a walking fraud. A laughingstock. A defensive genius whose hubris filled quotes of defiance will follow him around like Callahan's "excellent job in every area", hand in hand with the worst losses in this programs history. Toss in a thank you note from Kevin Cosgrove and that's one hell of a base to start paving the road to Being Minnesota. Who, conveniently, awaits with their own power running game and superior coaching just six days away. A offensive guru in title only, seemingly calling plays purely for punitive reasons, letting Armstrong get crushed because it's his fault the beauty of the scheme isn't working perfectly. A staff full of yes men who collectively make some of the highest paid employees in the state. It's not enough they cost people their money to travel to watch efforts like that, they have to take their tax money too.

I'm sure the next few weeks will be full of "firing a coach like this gets us Callahan", which makes about as much sense as never sleeping with a brunette ever again because you were too dumb to wear a condom once and one gave you the clap. There a few concrete things I'm sure of anymore. Minnesota and Iowa could embarrass us, or they could win out. But I do know Nebraska is never winning anything of merit with the current head coach.

And that's unacceptable. I don't even know what yesterday was.

I disagree.

• Fire 1

great post, polo.

-from your greatest fan.

but i think what was missed and no one is discussing (your status update made me think of it), is that bo has no idea how to fix this. zero. and we know this because you watch him during the game and at his presser and you are watching a guy who has no clue how what happened just happened. as his temper demonstrates, he has no control over the situation. ohio st. demonstrated this to us. he was able to get us to forget by winning out, only to be painfully reminded again by wiscy. and two years later, after five years in, he still has no idea what is not working. and how can he fix it if he does not understand how it is broken?

He either doesn't understand that it's his system that is broken or he's too proud to admit it. Like most of what I said, both choices are not good.

great post, polo.

-from your greatest fan.

He either doesn't understand that it's his system that is broken or he's too proud to admit it. Like most of what I said, both choices are not good.

it is so systemic though. you see decent programs beat the teams they should, compete with the better teams, and maybe get blown out by the great teams. but with this team, it seems like we beat the teams we should, and then pretty much get blown out by good teams; not withstanding msu. it is so disproportional; this team's competitiveness against talent. we do exponentially worse with such marginal increases in difficulty. i really have never seen anything like it.

Our tightest coaching staff in America is a walking fraud. A laughingstock. A defensive genius whose hubris filled quotes of defiance will follow him around like Callahan's "excellent job in every area", hand in hand with the worst losses in this programs history. Toss in a thank you note from Kevin Cosgrove and that's one hell of a base to start paving the road to Being Minnesota. Who, conveniently, awaits with their own power running game and superior coaching just six days away. An offensive guru in title only, seemingly calling plays purely for punitive reasons, letting Armstrong get crushed because it's his fault the beauty of the scheme isn't working perfectly. A staff full of yes men who collectively make some of the highest paid employees in the state. It's not enough they cost people their money to travel to watch efforts like that, they have to take their tax money too.

I just don't get why we seemingly don't try to make any adjustments. The d-line should have been gashing downfield, safeties should have been crashing toward the line of scrimmage, and we should have made Stave throw a damn ball. Offensively, we should have tried shorter passes, hopefully set up with play-action. We should have thrown (more) screen passes. Wisconsin's defense was one of the most aggressive I've ever seen, yet I saw no offensive adjustments to counter that aggressiveness.

Frankly, I question our coaches' ability to game plan, their fundamental understanding of X's and O's.

• Fire 1

It all comes down to this. There is one major dichotomy in the Nebraska fan base at this time.

1. People who don't care that we look like fools and get blown out by 35 points regularly, as long as we reach the all important 9 wins.

2. People who are tired of being embarrassed, and want to see if *GASP*, a coach could potentially get to 9 wins AND not embarrass us twice a season while simultaneously telling us to *uck off.

By the way, we play 13-14 games now. 9 or 10 wins isn't what was when we were only playing 11-12 games.

I don't think 1 is the case anymore. Before Saturday I continued to think these blowouts were anomalies, and I had faith that soon, Pelini would break through and get that win. The turn the corner win. However, I no longer believe it will happen. Not for Pelini. Not here anyways. Respect the man for the way he does things, but he is not the coach that will take us where we need to be. That's tough to come to terms with.

great post, polo.

-from your greatest fan.

No working system should allow Wisky to dominate us with simple running plays in two consecutive games.