Grade the class

Grade the 2006 recruiting class and why?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am happy with the class. As everyone is saying, we filled the necessary holes. Yes the dropped recruits hurt a bit, but they didn't kill our class. I would have liked to see a QB come out of the class, but i understand the situation. We lacked "flash" players like beck and lucky, but i don't think we are lacking in skill. A good class, now lets put 'em to work!! B+.

I'll give it a B as well. We didn't land too many high-profile guys but, we did pick up guys where we needed them, OL/DB. And got what may be a great RB (i'm expecting good things out of wilson). Had some recruiting woes this year.. with a couple decommits. I think we took about the right number of Juco's this year. Next year looks to be prime to go after a high profile HS kids. I'm looking for us to pick up no more than 4-6 juco's, and those will definitely be spot positions that are an immediate need (who knows what they'll be).

I'll give it a B as well. We didn't land too many high-profile guys but, we did pick up guys where we needed them, OL/DB. And got what may be a great RB (i'm expecting good things out of wilson). Had some recruiting woes this year.. with a couple decommits. I think we took about the right number of Juco's this year. Next year looks to be prime to go after a high profile HS kids. I'm looking for us to pick up no more than 4-6 juco's, and those will definitely be spot positions that are an immediate need (who knows what they'll be).

Defensive tackle, prolly another DB or two, and maybe another DE.

B+. Many of the reasons already mentioned. Star power lacking but who cares, the freshmen all american teams were dominated by 3* players, and i think there were more 2*s than 5*s even...

i think the holes were filled,

- but DT was a place of need that wasn't wrapped up

- along with getting a QB every year.

+ WR was boosted immensly this year and

+ we got some talented defensive backs.

+ Getting a couple offensive linemen was a good thing too, but i think we have a good foundation as far as that goes, Murtha, Patrick, Slauson and so on, dont forget about those guys that RS'd this year (Roark, Picous...i think these guys are still slated to be OL)

+ We also got ourselves a pretty good TE, who should be able to RS with Herian back and Tomerlin in the mix.

Next year we get another Stud QB and RB, along with some defensive linemen. I think next year will be our best class yet, so i am pumped.

B+. Many of the reasons already mentioned. Star power lacking but who cares, the freshmen all american teams were dominated by 3* players, and i think there were more 2*s than 5*s even...

i think the holes were filled,

- but DT was a place of need that wasn't wrapped up

- along with getting a QB every year.

+ WR was boosted immensly this year and

+ we got some talented defensive backs.

+ Getting a couple offensive linemen was a good thing too, but i think we have a good foundation as far as that goes, Murtha, Patrick, Slauson and so on, dont forget about those guys that RS'd this year (Roark, Picous...i think these guys are still slated to be OL)

+ We also got ourselves a pretty good TE, who should be able to RS with Herian back and Tomerlin in the mix.

Next year we get another Stud QB and RB, along with some defensive linemen. I think next year will be our best class yet, so i am pumped.

I agree with everything you said, except for the grade. I had them at a B. ;)

• 3 weeks later...