1 Day every fall practice

C N Red

1 day, just 1 day, every fall practice i think they should run over the special traditions of Nebraska by explaining the history of the program, players, teams, fans etc. And of course the Blackshirts.

Bring in former players to show the current players how much it meant to them and still does. How important it is to cherish it and take every advantage while they are there.

Why coaches(mainly just last two) wouldnt take advantage of it and use it kills me. There are so many resources to use at their disposal to put a deep understanding with the players(and the coaches themselves), but they just throw it to the side. Baffles the sh#t out of me.

• Fire 2

I won't say I disagree with you but, I seriously doubt these young kids give a sh#t about our history and tradition. Sure it's important to us as fans but the kids, probably not so much.

Thats just it. Give them the opportunity to understand anyway. And really they should care as they will be an important part of it for the years they are there and beyond.

I won't say I disagree with you but, I seriously doubt these young kids give a sh#t about our history and tradition.

I've had a lot of 18-20 year old Marines in my house in recent history. Somehow, someone made THEM care about THEIR traditions and history. They don't just know them, they are passionate about them.

Maybe Drill Instructors make more than Pelini though...

• Fire 2

1 day, just 1 day, every fall practice i think they should run over the special traditions of Nebraska

Bo's already run over the Blackshirt tradition. Then he backed up the truck and ran over it again.

He actively hates the Blackshirt tradition. Despises it. Almost as much as he hates the fans.

He actively hates the Blackshirt tradition. Despises it. Almost as much as he hates the fans.

Where does it say Bo gets to own the blackshirts?

The players should take over that tradition. If Bo hands "his" blackshirts out, smile and say "Thank You" and then hide them, give them away, use them for grease rags, whatever. The players (maybe former blackshirts?) can buy the REAL blackshirts and do with them what they think best.

Anyhow, after further thought, I think the 408 yards in three quarters pretty much trashed the whole thing. It would be like bragging that one was serving in Iraq's Republican Guard after Desert Storm. It once was, but is now no more.