*** The Official Husker Football Coach Wish List ***

Don't laugh, but I would like to give Ron Brown a shot.

I think that's a stretch...but keep him on the staff for the new coach (assuming we get one) I think that's a fantastic idea

Dabo Swinney was just a WR Coach under Tommy Bowden - he's much more successful as a head coach than Bowden was.

Probably because he was in the program and had already diagnosed it so when he was put in power, he fixed it.

T_O_Bull, nice list. It might be more helpful if it wasn't so outdated.

Just a quick glance..

Nussmeier is the OC @ Michigan

Wilcox is the DC @ USC

Mark Helfrich is the HC @ freaking Oregon

Greg Davis is the OC @ Iowa

James Franklin is the HC @ Penn State (seriously how old is this list?!?!? He hasn't been the OC @ Maryland in like 4 years)

I'm in agreement with some of the names here.

Look, Nebraska is a top 12 job (you could argue top 10) there is ZERO reason we should have to grovel for some hot shot coordinator. I want nothing to do with Scott Frost right now. Let him cut his teeth at San Diego State or something first and prove that he can actually coach and not simply crash the car that Chip Kelly built.

In no particular order:

McElwain

Gary Patterson

Dan Mullen

I'd love to snag Bilemma (sp) he's onery, I love the way Arkansas plays and it would dump gasoline on the Wisconsin rivalry.

Interesting fringe candidates

Tressel

David Shaw

Its just a list, newby. My first choice for HC is Paul Johnson who is hardly pass happy and Dennis Erickson didn't make my favorite 5 for HC.

"I want nothing to do with Scott Frost right now." Doesn't exactly put you in the majority here and I was looking for him as OC.

"I'd love to snag Bilemma (sp) he's onery, I love the way Arkansas plays and it would dump gasoline on the Wisconsin rivalry." Really?

"Bielema's first season at Arkansas resulted in an overall record of 3-9, including 0-8 in the Southeastern Conference. It was the Razorbacks' worst SEC conference mark since entering the league in 1992 and their first winless

in-conference season since 1942, when they were a member of the Southwest Conf." You want this guy because he's

"onery" and because it would "dump gasoline on the Wisconsin rivalry." In the words of JohnMcEnroe, "You can't be

serious."

You might want to take a look at HuskerHipster's thread here he's a first time poster too and his post is spot on.

T_O_B

It's a severely flawed list w/ lots of incorrect information on it. Are you supposed to get a pass because you put so much time into it? Boo hoo, I'm in the minority here in regards to my thoughts to Frost. Whoopity Doo. Do you really think Frost will come here unless he's guaranteed the HC job down the road? If he does, good luck getting anyone but a lame duck coach to fill in.

So, are you just forgetting all the success BB had at Wisconsin? Plus the fact that he's a midwest guy (went to Iowa) and preaches a very physical style of football. 3 straight Big Ten Championships and 3 straight BCS appearances (I realize he lost 2 of them and Alvarez coached in the 3rd one)? Yet, you want to hire Paul Johnson who has won only one conference title and only BCS bowl appearance ended in a loss to Iowa of all teams? To borrow from your quote. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS.

• Fire 1

I really like Paul Johnson, or anyone that has flexbone/wingt/dblwing philosophy. As I've said before I would love to see someone kind of hybrid the Wisconsin offense with Georgia Tech's.

Think about that Flexbone at Nebraska with the personnel at the FB and Wing positions we had/have. In the Pelini era...

2008 - Joe Ganz

Quinten Castille - Fullback

Roy Helu - Wing

Marlon Lucky - Wing

Niles Paul - Possibly be worked in as a Wing

2009 - Cody Green

Roy Helu - Wing/Full

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Dontray Robinson - Full

Niles Paul - Wing

Tyler Legate - Full

2010 - Taylor Martinez/Cody Green

Roy Helu - Wing/Full

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Niles Paul - Wing

Tyler Legate - Full

Dontray Robinson - Full

2011 - Taylor Martinez/Cody Green

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Ameer Abdullah - Wing

Braylon Heard - Wing

Aaron Green - Wing

Tyler Legate - Full

2012 - Taylor Martinez

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Ameer Abdullah - Wing

Imani Cross - Full

Braylon Heard - Wing

Jamal Turner - Wing

CJ Zimmerer - Full

2013 - Taylor Martinez/Tommie Armstrong Jr

Imani Cross - Full

Ameer Abdullah - Wing

Terrell Newby - Wing

Adam Taylor - Wing

CJ Zimmerer - Full

Jamal Turner - Wing

2014 - Tommie Armstrong Jr/Johnny Stanton/Ryker Fyfe

Ameer Abdullah - Wing/Full

Imani Cross - Full

Adam Taylor - Wing/Full

Terrell Newby - Wing/Full

Jordan Nelson - Wing

Mikale Wilbon - Wing

Demornay Pierson-El - Wing

Just something to think about. Share the rock, with multiple playmakers.

I really like Paul Johnson, or anyone that has flexbone/wingt/dblwing philosophy. As I've said before I would love to see someone kind of hybrid the Wisconsin offense with Georgia Tech's.

Think about that Flexbone at Nebraska with the personnel at the FB and Wing positions we had/have. In the Pelini era...

2008 - Joe Ganz

Quinten Castille - Fullback

Roy Helu - Wing

Marlon Lucky - Wing

Niles Paul - Possibly be worked in as a Wing

2009 - Cody Green

Roy Helu - Wing/Full

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Dontray Robinson - Full

Niles Paul - Wing

Tyler Legate - Full

2010 - Taylor Martinez/Cody Green

Roy Helu - Wing/Full

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Niles Paul - Wing

Tyler Legate - Full

Dontray Robinson - Full

2011 - Taylor Martinez/Cody Green

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Ameer Abdullah - Wing

Braylon Heard - Wing

Aaron Green - Wing

Tyler Legate - Full

2012 - Taylor Martinez

Rex Burkhead - Wing/Full

Ameer Abdullah - Wing

Imani Cross - Full

Braylon Heard - Wing

Jamal Turner - Wing

CJ Zimmerer - Full

2013 - Taylor Martinez/Tommie Armstrong Jr

Imani Cross - Full

Ameer Abdullah - Wing

Terrell Newby - Wing

Adam Taylor - Wing

CJ Zimmerer - Full

Jamal Turner - Wing

2014 - Tommie Armstrong Jr/Johnny Stanton/Ryker Fyfe

Ameer Abdullah - Wing/Full

Imani Cross - Full

Adam Taylor - Wing/Full

Terrell Newby - Wing/Full

Jordan Nelson - Wing

Mikale Wilbon - Wing

Demornay Pierson-El - Wing

Just something to think about. Share the rock, with multiple playmakers.

Difference is, you're not going to get high quality recruits with Johnson. His most successful years at GT were with Chan Gailey's recruits. Recruiting is not his forte.

Just a quick glance..

Wilcox is the DC @ USC

James Franklin is the HC @ Penn State (seriously how old is this list?!?!? He hasn't been the OC @ Maryland in like 4 years)

Look, Nebraska is a top 12 job (you could argue top 10) there is ZERO reason we should have to grovel for some hot shot coordinator. I want nothing to do with Scott Frost right now. Let him cut his teeth at San Diego State or something first and prove that he can actually coach and not simply crash the car that Chip Kelly built.

In no particular order:

McElwain

Gary Patterson

Dan Mullen

I'd love to snag Bilemma (sp) he's onery, I love the way Arkansas plays and it would dump gasoline on the Wisconsin rivalry.

Tressel

David Shaw

Its just a list, newby. My first choice for HC is Paul Johnson who is hardly pass happy and Dennis Erickson didn't make my favorite 5 for HC.

"I want nothing to do with Scott Frost right now." Doesn't exactly put you in the majority here and I was looking for him as OC.

"I'd love to snag Bilemma (sp) he's onery, I love the way Arkansas plays and it would dump gasoline on the Wisconsin rivalry." Really?

"Bielema's first season at Arkansas resulted in an overall record of 3-9, including 0-8 in the Southeastern Conference. It was the Razorbacks' worst SEC conference mark since entering the league in 1992 and their first winless

in-conference season since 1942, when they were a member of the Southwest Conf." You want this guy because he's

"onery" and because it would "dump gasoline on the Wisconsin rivalry." In the words of JohnMcEnroe, "You can't be

serious."

You might want to take a look at HuskerHipster's thread here he's a first time poster too and his post is spot on.

T_O_B

It's a severely flawed list w/ lots of incorrect information on it. Are you supposed to get a pass because you put so much time into it? Boo hoo, I'm in the minority here in regards to my thoughts to Frost. Whoopity Doo. Do you really think Frost will come here unless he's guaranteed the HC job down the road? If he does, good luck getting anyone but a lame duck coach to fill in.

So, are you just forgetting all the success BB had at Wisconsin? Plus the fact that he's a midwest guy (went to Iowa) and preaches a very physical style of football. 3 straight Big Ten Championships and 3 straight BCS appearances (I realize he lost 2 of them and Alvarez coached in the 3rd one)? Yet, you want to hire Paul Johnson who has won only one conference title and only BCS bowl appearance ended in a loss to Iowa of all teams? To borrow from your quote. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS.

I doubt we would pry BB away from Ark. With his record I can't believe the Razorback fans would let him go. Time to get ready for school

newby, your lunch box is packed and the bus will be there soon.

T_O_B

Is Turner Gill completely out of contention after not turning Kansas around fast enough, his team beat Moglia's undefeated squad to get into the playoffs for the first time ever if I remember correctly. He has done well at the lower level, is that his ceiling? Or was Kansas premature in getting rid of him?

It was Kansas and that should tell the whole story. I can't believe we don't have a spot for TG. Not HC but certainly a spot

T_O_B

Just a quick glance..

Wilcox is the DC @ USC

In no particular order:

McElwain

Gary Patterson

Dan Mullen

Tressel

David Shaw

serious."

T_O_B

I doubt we would pry BB away from Ark. With his record I can't believe the Razorback fans would let him go. Time to get ready for school

T_O_B

Cute comments.

• Fire 1

Just a quick glance..

Wilcox is the DC @ USC

In no particular order:

McElwain

Gary Patterson

Dan Mullen

Tressel

David Shaw

serious."

T_O_B

T_O_B

Cute comments.

I was cute once but with age and maturity I have evolved to the point of ruggedly handsome. One more day of school newby, then a long weekend. Don't be a pain for your mommie.

T_O_B