The Sock Puppet Rides!

So I have an insider source, but no I came to most likely shoot down everyone's big plane from Columbus thingy. I did a little research and here's what I came up with:

So the plane is part of Landscapes Unlimited who designs athletic facilities and golf courses, it just so happens that they are part of the design team renovating the Woody Hayes practice facilities at Ohio St. I did the obvious and searched for Columbus on their site and here's what came up.

http://www.landscapesunlimited.com/search/node/columbus

http://www.landscapesunlimited.com/woody-hays-practice-football-fields

So it looks like they are doing the irrigation and infrastructure work on the building.

Little about the project:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/05/a_waterfall_one_of_many_featur.html

So they are doing landscaping/most likely the waterfall....So that is why Landscaping Unlimited was in Columbus, OH.

Not for Tressel....

I am 100% for the Vest, I was just lurking all day and didn't want anyone to get their hopes up to high.

Hope anyone didn't go see their plane land to welcome our landscapers back home.

Bed for me, see you guys tomorrow.

GBR!

tumblr_inline_mj00m3mZ3b1qz4rgp.gif

WOW! Just found this at JimTressel.com

Before anyone ever cared where I would coach football, I was a kid from Nebraska. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Nebraska is bigger than football. I didn’t realize that 60 years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 1953? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Ohio State, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past 60 years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better coach and a better man. I learned from a University that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Ohio as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Ohio State because my parents forced me. We made sacrifices to keep dinner on the table. I loved becoming a big bro to Dick. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with my family. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are family for life. I also want to thank Terrell Pryor and AD Gene Smith for giving me an amazing 11 years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Brutus didn’t get along. He and Pryor didn’t get along. … Ohio couldn’t put the right state together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Nebraska, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won one. But Ohio already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one more trophy back to Nebraska.

I always believed that I’d return to Nebraska and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the suspension, coaching wasn’t even a thought. But I four children and my wife, Ellen, is pregnant with another, just kidding! I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my birthtown. I looked at other states, but I wasn’t going to leave Ohio for anywhere except Nebraska. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Tom Osborne, the booing of the Nebraska fans, the sweater vests being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to a coach, and that head ball coach made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with The Sock Puppet, face-to-face, man-to-sock puppet. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising a B10 championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2002. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach, oh yeah that's me. I will be the old head coach? But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Scott Frost become one of the best Offensive Coordinators in our league. I think I can help elevate Tommy Armstrong and Courtney Love, if he doesn't transfer. And I can’t wait to reunite with Bo Pelini, one of my favorites from Youngstown. Oh, i'm taking his job, nevermind.

But this is not about the roster or the program. I feel my calling here goes above football. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Ohio, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Nebraska, like the hundreds of Lincoln third-graders I sponsor through my scholarship foundation, "Scott's Tots" to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Nebraska, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.

-Jim "The Vest" Tressel

(apparently he moved to Ohio shortly after birth)

• Fire 1

Huskermax thread about the plane didn't put it together until about an hour ago.

That site is for old, retired men with more estrogen in their veins than their old-hag wives.

Hey, watch it !! I resemble that remark and I come here often enough as well. What does it all mean ??

WOW! Just found this at JimTressel.com

Before anyone ever cared where I would coach football, I was a kid from Nebraska. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Nebraska is bigger than football. I didn’t realize that 60 years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 1953? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Ohio State, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past 60 years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better coach and a better man. I learned from a University that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Ohio as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Ohio State because my parents forced me. We made sacrifices to keep dinner on the table. I loved becoming a big bro to Dick. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with my family. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are family for life. I also want to thank Terrell Pryor and AD Gene Smith for giving me an amazing 11 years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Brutus didn’t get along. He and Pryor didn’t get along. … Ohio couldn’t put the right state together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Nebraska, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won one. But Ohio already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one more trophy back to Nebraska.

I always believed that I’d return to Nebraska and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the suspension, coaching wasn’t even a thought. But I four children and my wife, Ellen, is pregnant with another, just kidding! I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my birthtown. I looked at other states, but I wasn’t going to leave Ohio for anywhere except Nebraska. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Tom Osborne, the booing of the Nebraska fans, the sweater vests being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to a coach, and that head ball coach made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with The Sock Puppet, face-to-face, man-to-sock puppet. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising a B10 championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2002. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach, oh yeah that's me. I will be the old head coach? But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Scott Frost become one of the best Offensive Coordinators in our league. I think I can help elevate Tommy Armstrong and Courtney Love, if he doesn't transfer. And I can’t wait to reunite with Bo Pelini, one of my favorites from Youngstown. Oh, i'm taking his job, nevermind.

But this is not about the roster or the program. I feel my calling here goes above football. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Ohio, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Nebraska, like the hundreds of Lincoln third-graders I sponsor through my scholarship foundation, "Scott's Tots" to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Nebraska, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.

-Jim "The Vest" Tressel

(apparently he moved to Ohio shortly after birth)

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg