Steve Sipple writes out the derpiest derp ever to derp.

NUpolo8

I've defended Sipple and can sort of empathize with the guy, but this column is just silly.

He starts off by saying you won't hear much Bo speculation from him; the discussion "gets old." Yet a few paragraphs later he does return to it.

By the way, Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst hasn't tipped his hand on the Pelini matter, according to a source close to the situation.

He brings it up again further down. Pelini's future is the single biggest issue facing Nebraska athletics. Period. There's a decision to be made and the athletic director has not made it. But the discussion is old? After the last game of the regular season? Right when most schools would announce the new direction the program is about to take should there be one?

It gets worse.

Congrats on the Heroes Trophy and good luck in the Holiday Bowl. Yippee!

I've come to disdain the snark. Yeah, of course, I think Pelini's program needs to win a conference championship soon. Who doesn't think so? But I can appreciate the chase. I can appreciate a group of coaches and players who this week — yes, this week — had their best week of practice of the season, according to junior cornerback Daniel Davie.

We're not in the chase. Or the hunt. We're not anywhere close. Our top conference rival has blown us off the field the last two times we played them, we drop winnable games every year, and a team can't plan on making a living being down 24-7 with five minutes left in the third quarter. After seven years of Pelini, we finished in the middle of the B1G West standings. Why wasn't that part included?

And why in God's name are you so enamored with a player saying the team had its best week of practice? Shouldn't it cause you alarm? You watched the game, right? We were a comedy of errors yet again. There's no snark in saying it. I'm happy we won, but for Sipple to sit there and pretend like this was some great achievement is belittling to the program and his readers.

Iowa loses games like this all the time in exactly this fashion. I picked them to win, then they turned the ball over four times in the first half and blew a gargantuan third-quarter lead at home. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a rally/overtime victory. But to gush over it and swallow the "we had our best week of practice line" (what the hell is Davie supposed to say under the circumstances?) is beneath you.

The fact that any of you people think you could be a better coach is laughable.

So because we are not coaches, we should not judge them? Is that where this is going?

Not everyone can cook, but its pretty easy to tell when the food tastes like crap.

Not everyone is a musician, but its easy to tell when a song sucks.