Bowl Game - Who and Where?

Mavric

If both Ohio State and Michigan State win today, it appears pretty likely that the B1G will get two teams in the New Year's Six bowl games. For argument's sake, I'll assume that happens and Ohio State wins the CCG.

If that happens, that would leave Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska pretty clearly in the next tier in the conference. The B1G has adopted a tiered assignment system with the first tier - after the New Year's Six games - being the Capital One, Outback and Holiday bowls. Given all the recent Florida trips by the Huskers, it seems pretty likely that the Holiday Bowl would be the destination.

The Holiday Bowl technically gets the #3 pick out of the Pac-12. That could be affected by the Pac-12 getting two teams in the New Year's Six games. The Pac-12 was likely to get two teams in a month ago but they aren't finishing strong. I would still expect Oregon and one other team to get in. The Pac-12's next three - after Oregon - are Arizona, UCLA and Arizona State. One of those teams would seem to be headed to San Diego.

I live in San Diego and work about 5 minutes from Qualcomm. I went to the last two Holiday Bowls. The Arizona game was one of the best games I ever attended; UDub was one of the worst. I very much doubt I would go this year if the school keeps Pelini & Co. Just don't see myself spending money on this program until #9wins is gone.

Nebraska with Bo is at least a 10 dog to the top 7 Pac12 teams...that excludes stanford, who I don't think NU would want any piece of either

Neb would be a td dog to.....Oregon, ucla, both zona schools, Stanford, I could see Oregon st and USC even money and even UW would be close to even money.

A single TD dog...to Oregon? I would say 15pts minimum

Nebraska with Bo is at least a 10 dog to the top 7 Pac12 teams...that excludes stanford, who I don't think NU would want any piece of either

Neb would be a td dog to.....Oregon, ucla, both zona schools, Stanford, I could see Oregon st and USC even money and even UW would be close to even money.

A single TD dog...to Oregon? I would say 15pts minimum

Haha! Oregon trashed MSU. Oregon would be a 24 point favorite in Eugene, 21 on a neutral field, and pry even 17 in Lincoln.

Nebraska will get invited to the lowest possible required bowl. Bowl organizations aren't stupid. They know Husker fans are disappointed and won't turn out very well for another meaningless third-tier bowl game.

I think most are in agreement that things haven't went as well as we would like the last several years. But to sit there and say stuff like this drives me crazy. Best fans in college football huh. I guess that's only the case when we are winning. With an attitude like this why don't you just hop over to Alabama or Oregon for now then you can switch when they start to struggle, or better yet go cheer for K-state cause this is what their fan base consist of.

• Fire 1

Nebraska will get invited to the lowest possible required bowl. Bowl organizations aren't stupid. They know Husker fans are disappointed and won't turn out very well for another meaningless third-tier bowl game.

I think most are in agreement that things haven't went as well as we would like the last several years. But to sit there and say stuff like this drives me crazy. Best fans in college football huh. I guess that's only the case when we are winning. With an attitude like this why don't you just hop over to Alabama or Oregon for now then you can switch when they start to struggle, or better yet go cheer for K-state cause this is what their fan base consist of.

I grew up in Lincoln. I graduated from UNL. You don't get to lecture me on squat. I'll be a Husker fan long after this clown show and people like you are gone.

I'm sorry you find statements of fact so offensive. I hope you didn't attend a university where your limited perspectives were challenged.

• Fire 3