Lane Kiffin Should Replace Bo - Kind Of Serious

aholla3

Why would you hire Kiffen when Orgeron actually won games when Kiffen got canned?

If you can Bo it isn't to bring in a retread hire like Kiffen or Gill. That's just change for the sake of change, throwing something at the wall and hoping it sticks. I'd hire Frost before that. Ya he hasn't proven he can but at least he hasn't gotten his chance and screwed the pooch.

Before this gets out of control, I very much understand that there are some people who are probably 100 percent against the thought of hiring Lane Kiffin to replace Bo. He has a bad history as a head coach, has had some embarrassing moments, has acted immaturely at nearly every stop he's been, etc.

There's nothing I can probably do to change your mind if you have that stance, and I totally get that.

However, if Nebraska does decide to fire Bo, I think Kiffin should get a serious look. Here's why:

• He was born in Lincoln. His dad coached and played here. Even if Lane is too young to remember what it's like to be part of the Nebraska football culture, his dad surely can fill him in. If having ties to Nebraska/understanding the tradition is an important attribute for a new coach to have, Lane fits the bill.
  • He's one of the brightest offensive minds in college football. That's not really something I need to prove. As he's proving with Alabama this season, he knows how to fully take advantage of the talent he has.
  • He's an incredible recruiter. That's something Nebraska needs. The only thing Nebraska is in comparison to the elite programs right now (Bama, Ohio State, FSU, etc) is a good recruiting base. Hiring someone who is an outstanding recruiter closes that gap.
  • He's young - 39. That's not too important, but I like the idea of building something with someone who could stay here for a while.
  • Lastly, and most importantly, he's spent the last year coaching under the best head coach in college football. Certainly, he's learned what it takes to run a top-tier program from Nick Saban. That doesn't mean he's going to turn into Nick Saban, but he's 100 percent in better shape to lead a program now than he was when he took the USC job.

Anyone else with me? Again, completely agree if you're not. But I think we could get Kiffin and it'd be a mistake to at least not consider him.

• Lastly, he's an evil little D-Bag.