Starting Tailback?

I amnot down on either of these guys... This is a good problem to have...

But, if some of you are "down" on Lucky becuase he "didn't see the field enough for being a 5* player".... That is wrong..... My goodness, maybe he didn't see the field due to the fact that we had a guy named Cory Ross.... Ross was pretty good at what he was asked to do..... So what if Lucky didn't make the impact of "Adrian Petersen"...... I think that some of you guys expected Lucky to be OUR Petersen....

Petersen didn't have to surplant an incumbant like Ross....( I may be wrong....when did Griffith grad.).....

Lucky needed time to learn and get up to D-I speed.......

Glenn may very well be a stud.... Yes, he is powerful.....Yes, he was productive in the "role" that BC used him in.....Does that mean that he will be productive as the "feature" back...Not necessarily......Maybe he was not "type-casted" by the coaches, maybe they see stuff WE DON'T.... I know that may surprise a few of you, but I believe the coaches probably know if Glenn can "catch" the ball, or if he offers the "break away" speed, or the "elusiveness" it takes to be an everydown back....

I think that these two guys will "compliment" each other very well..... They will both be used a lot..... "the new "WE-BACKS"......

Kenny Wilson is a guy that both of these two may have to watch out for !!!

Wilson is just like any other Juco.....he will have to learn the WCO and may not make much impact until half way through the season.....then again, if he is really that good, they make create some plays for him, but i think he does spot duty until he learns the system, just like the rest of the highly touted freshman from last season........

hunter

Fwiw. I've been told by several people " who subscribe" over on a pay site that they were told when Lucky and Glenn run sprints in practice they are neck and neck.

You would think that Lucky is faster than Glenn, but according to people who've watched them run against each other this isn't the case.

Maybe Lucky is having trouble adjusting to playing against good-great competition here at Nebraska, because in HS Lucky played against horrible competition to say the least.

I didn't watch much of USC the past couple years, but how was Carol able to get both of them touches, and i am talking about consistent touches....I assume most of that was due to them blowing teams out the past couple years and spreading the wealth, but were they on the field at the same time much? Be nice if NU could get many touches with all the great running backs they have stocked now.

First off he is gonna have to not abandon the run like he did way to much this year.. Ross should have had a lot more carries than he had...

Willis

All I can say is ... may the best man win. I could care less who its just as long as they are productive to this team and offense.

:thumbs

Nail on the head Pillen !!!!!

IMO, both of the two in question will both be an integral part, with Wilson the dark horse.

I really feel sorry for Brandon Jackson...He flashed ability, but injuries have really set him back... I hope for the best for BJ .... Hang tough BJ...

Explain to me how Cody Glenn is not the top candidate for this postion!! I watched the Nebraska games all the way from Texas and I knew after the Tech game when he would get the ball and if my memory serves me right he produced the first downs almost everytime. I wonder if the other team's dc told the defense to be ready? Give me a break. Cody has better than good speed and will and I mean will run over your butt. If he is not given a legitimate shot he needs to bring it back to Texas. Plenty of people here want him will give him a chance. Don't get me wrong he will work his butt off to win the position and he loves NU and the staff there. So my vote goes to Cody C-Train Glenn as the next I-back for the huskers.