Starting Tailback?

I don't who the starting RB will be next year. You would think it would've been between B. Jackson, Lucky, Glenn, and now L. Jackson, with Brandon having the inside track.

However, with Coach Callahan bringing in K. Wilson, and Jackson's injury, the coach doesn't feel real solid about the RB position. Why else bring in a juco RB for only two years.

You know Kenny's not coming in to redshirt.

I personally think it's going to be Kenny Wilson, the is 6'2 220lbs and runs the 40 in a 4.26 and Wilsons quote is that he prefers to lower his shoulder and run over people, hell they already compared him to the back that Butler had a couple of years ago that is the starting running back for either the Bengals or the Browns. They say he has great vision of the field as Ross, Green, and Philips just to name a few, Unfortunately Marlon Lucky does not have that as your best high school backs such Reggie Bush did as did Adrian Peterson and so on and I personally think Marlon Luck is a bust at running back I could be wrong though and I hope I am but I think M.L. would make a very good slotback

Wow, I dont even know where to start with that last post.... Lucky is a bust??? He must really suck if he cant steal the starting spot from a guy who is on the top ten all time rushing list. He certainly can not be named a success yet, but a bust? Kenny Wilson certainly looks like a talented back, but you should get you facts straight before you post. Wilson is listed at 6'0'', not 6'2''. He is listed at 220, but he runs a 4.4, not a 4.26. Beyond that, Lucky and Glenn will obviously have the upperhand as they both know the playbook, which may be the most important componet in who will start, so I am willing to put copious amounts of money on Wilson not starting for at least the first half of the season.

Those Stats came from Butler CC and him, he does run a 4.26 40 not a 4.4, I don't know where you are getting your stats from

I've never seen his 40 time listed as that low, but that doesn't mean much. Butler also said last year that Frantz Hardy ran a 4.28 40 yard dash, so who knows. I have read that Kenny runs the 100 in the 10.3 range, which is flipping fast. However you slice it, Kenny seems to be an athletic specimen. Let's hope that translates into being a great back at NU!

Lawrence Phillips and Ahman Green werent even in the same mold as each other, so that post makes no sense as well. I wont go over the tired fact that no one has ever run a forty that fast. Phillips was more powerful than Green, where as Green was far more elusive. Green also ran alot closer to the ground. Kenny Wilson hasnt even practiced yet, and hasnt taken a class yet. Im not sure he is even in Lincoln, so I am not sure where your word is coming from. The forty time I listed was from rivals.com. He is listed at 215 on scout and has a 10.5 second 100 time listed. He sounds like a very talented man, but you have absolutely no idea how that is going to translate into D-1 football. Having "vision" is alot easier when you are that much better than the guys around you, and as far as comparing Lucky to Bush or Peterson, I have two problems with that.

1.) Peterson had quite possibly the greatest freshman year as a runningback of all time

2.) Bush is a number one overall draft pick and is an absolute freak. He came with far more hype than Lucky as the number two overall recruit, and did not have to compete with a top ten alltime rusher. Not only that, but even this year he was spliting time.

Can Kenny even catch the ball? I havent heard anything about his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, and that is a huge componet of our offense. Can Kenny pass protect? Can Kenny learn the playbook? I dont care what you post here, just prepare to back up your posts if your posts start with, word is from Lincoln... Some members have learned that one the hard way.

I think whoever can block in the backfield best will get the job. I'd bet all the RB's can run well with good blocking (which was missing a lot this year) and a bit of experience that Lucky and Glenn got this year.

Exactly - One of the reasons Lucky and Glenn didn't play was because their Pass Blocking was TERRIBLE and + Lucky didn't know how to follow his blockers - I live in Southern Cal and I follow High School FB and Lucky played in a WEAK league - North Hollywood is not a football school - but maybe he learns something in the Off -Season.

Those Stats came from Butler CC and him, he does run a 4.26 40 not a 4.4, I don't know where you are getting your stats from

I've never seen his 40 time listed as that low, but that doesn't mean much. Butler also said last year that Frantz Hardy ran a 4.28 40 yard dash, so who knows. I have read that Kenny runs the 100 in the 10.3 range, which is flipping fast. However you slice it, Kenny seems to be an athletic specimen. Let's hope that translates into being a great back at NU!

4.28 - 40 is such BS - There is NO way any player can run that from a still stance - NOT FROM ANY SCHOOL IN THE NATION. When they get those times they start running from 10 yards back and then cross a line and then the clock starts.

edited for content