Omaha KETV Callahan: Rilley complete opposite of Pelini

The e-mail thing is extremely overblown. They essentially announced this morning that players were going to get a meeting this evening.

Also, it's the 21st century. Probably time to get used to obtaining information electronically. It's a great and very fast method.

Yeah this. HOW ELSE were they to be notified? Was Eichorst going to call each player and personally notify them? Of course it's an email.

They have a big room with stadium seating, and a projection screen.. hell, he could've teleconferenced from there if he's to chickens hit to do it in person.

Some people would have complained about that, too. This is just singling out one thing that seems bad (for no actual, discernible reason) to be upset about. Might as well be angry about the typeface of the email, too.

If it were Comic Sans, I'd be right with them. f#*k Comic Sans.

• Fire 1

The e-mail thing is extremely overblown. They essentially announced this morning that players were going to get a meeting this evening.

Also, it's the 21st century. Probably time to get used to obtaining information electronically. It's a great and very fast method.

Yeah this. HOW ELSE were they to be notified? Was Eichorst going to call each player and personally notify them? Of course it's an email.

They have a big room with stadium seating, and a projection screen.. hell, he could've teleconferenced from there if he's to chickens hit to do it in person.

Some people would have complained about that, too. This is just singling out one thing that seems bad (for no actual, discernible reason) to be upset about. Might as well be angry about the typeface of the email, too.

Agreed

Agreed

YES!

He sure is the complete opposite of BO. He's only won 9 games 4 times in his coaching career and never consecutive.

The BS being pumped about this hire is so funny too me. He was hired to repair the perceived damage that BO created on a national

Level about being bad sports. Pearlman and SE were embarrassed by BO. They had to get TO out of the picture for a year and then they could start trying to repair our good sportsmanship imagine. This guy won't win titles. Never has in his career. Did give me the BS either about his recruiting. His recruits are 2 stars out of California and Oregon. He gets the Cali recruits because it's close to home.

Im sure the fans at practice thing will get the kubosh after 40k try to pack the hawks center first day of spring practice.

Yeah. Open practice to fans would get insane. Ii could see a lottery system for 50-100 visitors per practice.

Charge a fee to attend practices, and then use the proceeds for a favorite charity like Team Jack.

He sure is the complete opposite of BO. He's only won 9 games 4 times in his coaching career and never consecutive.

The BS being pumped about this hire is so funny too me. He was hired to repair the perceived damage that BO created on a national

Level about being bad sports. Pearlman and SE were embarrassed by BO. They had to get TO out of the picture for a year and then they could start trying to repair our good sportsmanship imagine. This guy won't win titles. Never has in his career. Did give me the BS either about his recruiting. His recruits are 2 stars out of California and Oregon. He gets the Cali recruits because it's close to home.

You act like he had anywhere near the same resources at Oregon State that we have here.

Glendower......I know Im living in the past like the majority of our fan base. Still dreaming about our national

Titles from another life time. Our so called resources and so much to offer hasn't done much for our program the last 15 years. Bottom line

You have to win. We've become irrelevant on the national scale to many top notch athletes in the nation. We've slipped so far we just hired a coach who just won 5 games this season and one that half the State of Nebraska had to google just to figure out who the hell is our new coach. Sad state of affairs.

Glendower......I know Im living in the past like the majority of our fan base. Still dreaming about our national

Titles from another life time. Our so called resources and so much to offer hasn't done much for our program the last 15 years. Bottom line

You have to win. We've become irrelevant on the national scale to many top notch athletes in the nation. We've slipped so far we just hired a coach who just won 5 games this season and one that half the State of Nebraska had to google just to figure out who the hell is our new coach. Sad state of affairs.

What he is saying if you have the ability to win 9 games at OSU with extremely poor resources then You should blow that out od the water with our resources aka 92k stadium, top facilities, recruiting staff, much more money to hire high level coaching staff, brand name to get you in the door of recruits. FAR easier division in the B1G west etc etc. To not at the very least be somewhat optimistic about this is ridiculous. Everyone gave Bo a chance and supported him until a divide truly formed in 2012.

Back off the ledge until we see the staff etc and how the players develop man

Keep dreamin of the glory days bud and let us know when you wake up from reality. The fact that ppl are bashing this hire is insane. This guy is known as a great coach from an eye for talent, development, and x's and o's standpoint.... None of which our previous staff could make a claim to. Bo and his crew sure did rack up those wins against crap competition and then got straight up embarrassed when it came to equally/superior teams from both a talent and coaching perspective. Guess what? Riley and co (whoever he brings on board) will still rack up those wins against crap schools on a pure talent basis, yet he's proven that he can lead a squad to upset a team. Which, again, is something Bo failed miserable at year after year.

I honestly don't get all the negativity. Who would you have rather hired? Scott Frost? Bo Pelini had a better track record when he got hired in 07 than Frost does now.