Josh Mitchell releases statement

knapplc

Why is everyone grasping onto his initial high spirited, disparaging remarksbut skeptical of this level headed apology a couple of days later? If a PR person had written this would they have written "This University & it's traditions"? "It's"? (If so, I give them props for cleverness. lol)

I'd +1 this if I could right now. Josh said something unfortunate initially, and now he's owned up to it and set things right. Thank you, Josh.

Also, that would be some clever PR :lol:

I don't mind the emotional reaction, but the fact that his reaction was to try to hurt the university is unfortunate, and telling of the vindictive mentality that permeated the program under Bo.

Glad we've moved on.

This. An emotional reaction is warranted and understandable. When that reaction leads you to want to actively work against the university/fans/etc. that you supposedly love, it's still understandable to an extent but it's also a pretty serious window into where his heart is at.

Either way, it takes courage to apologize for it, fabricated or not. I have no problem being on Josh's side - I'd imagine his shortcomings are a product of his environment.

Let's remember Josh is what 22? He spent the last 5 years with someone who told him everyone else was against him. I bet he is skeptical and hurt. Kids today voice their internal thoughts on social media. That's what happened here and I'm fine with that. Whether NU's PR team initiated the apology or Josh did, Josh still posted it on twitter. That's evidence of a big step in a young adults life. Let's step back and acknowledge a player who bleeds scarlet and cream who is growing as a person.