Mike Riley Strength & Conditioning

So everyone's caught up with OC, DC, Frost, Orgeron, retaining staff, letting them go. Let us not forget our boys at times got whipped physically on both sides of the ball. Does that all REALLY equate to coaching?

Do we keep current NU Strength coach/team? Do we bring back Boyd Eppley? Or will Mr. Riley bring in the guy at OSU or does je go above and beyond and find his own established "guy"

At this stage I think it would be best to go after somebody with experience who will toughen (I mean that by 1000%) this group up and whip them into better shape to be a physical bunch and asap. This could be one of the more important hires. If that is Eppley, I'm all for it.

That. I do t if Boyd will actually be the S&C coach. I dont know if hes what you would call a "coach" for the other sports. His title is like assistant athletic dirctor for strength and conditioning. And when he came back it was said hed be working with all sports except football. But the fact is, hes here. And we just changed coaches. So my worries about the future of that phase are zero right now. He was brought back for a reason. It just doesnt happen to work with everything EXCEPT your flagship. These are just my opinions.

• Fire 1

StPaulHusker & Count - Totally Agree. I don't think you bring someone like Boyd back and stand pat on S&C. I think Boyd has been "evaluating" since his return. Seeing how SE operates, I wouldn't be surprised if Boyd was brought back as "upgrade option 1a". At the very least, Boyd & Riley will be having some great planning meetings here soon. I would LOVE to be a fly-on-the-wall in that discussion...

Not sure if anyone noticed but GAWD, THIS IS GETTIN' EFFIN' EXCITIN'!!!

The last I had heard is that Boyd will only oversee the S&C program, but not run it day to day. He's gonna be the guy that makes sure Riley has an 'in' with any S&C coach in the country. Boyd is a legend, and has contacts all over the industry. He can get just about any S&C coach on the phone for Riley. Invaluable resource.

• Fire 1

Remember when our S&C program won awards a few years ago. What in the hell happened to them?

dont think our program won awards a few years ago. I think Dobson did before his time hear. He may have even won something at one point while here.

He did. I don't remember what, but it seems he did. But I'm old and my memory.....

I also remember after the Arizona game, Stoops said we really beat them up physically. We went down hill from there.