New NU Linebacker Coach Trent Bray

I've got to admit I am concerned. When our AD says "Resources are not an issue", he's practically saying "Go out and get the best names you can possibly get".

I am disappointed this was seen as bring all your friends for a raise. If Orgeron is not contacted at the minimum there is a problem, in my opinion. This guy has openly said he is interested in NU.

Orgeron would be an amazing get. I don't know anything about Banker, i'll admit, but I don't like what I see out of OSU's defense stats.

I want to feel comfortable and settled with this hire. But, all I feel is caution and worry all over again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2237825

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Orgeron decided to try and poach players.

The Jackson (Miss.) Clarion-Ledger reported Saturday that Mississippi coach Ed Orgeron personally got on the phone with Tulane assistant Greg Davis Jr. last month to say that the Rebels "really needed some players" and inquired specifically about junior quarterback Lester Ricard.

Davis sent Scelfo a letter detailing his conversations with Orgeron and Ole Miss assistant Shawn Slocum. The Tulane administration notified its counterparts at Mississippi about the call, and also notified the Conference USA office, which discussed the matter with the Southeastern Conference.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6091340

Orgeron accused of recruiting violations at Tennessee.

http://articles.philly.com/2004-12-18/sports/25387504_1_pete-boone-football-coach-ed-orgeron

Ed Orgeron's violent history includes domestic violence arrests.

Orgeron, hired this week to replace David Cutcliffe at Ole Miss, had a restraining order filed against him by a Dade County, Fla., woman who accused him of repeated violence 13 years ago, said Robert Keen, a supervisor with the Dade County clerk's office.

The charge of repeat violence was filed on April 10, 1991, and a restraining order was filed the next month, records show. Keen told the AP that records also show Orgeron did not violate that order.

The woman later received a permanent injunction, Keen said, and the court order prohibited him from going to her home or workplace. The injunction was terminated in July 1992, Keen said.

Orgeron also was involved in a 1992 incident in which he reportedly head-butted the manager of a nightclub in Baton Rouge, La., several newspapers reported.

• Fire 1

Why do I think they'll do better? Because it won't be stubborn Bo leading and Beck and Paps won't be here. Bam! Better already.

Bo had a decent W-L record

vampires-kiss.jpg

I'm not sure about the surprise here. 9-4 is decent - I'd even say that's better than decent. It'll be a tough bar for the next staff to hit.

And before this drags out into a Bo debate - I'm not support Bo or his performance here, he needed to go. But 9+ wins for 7 straight seasons is not easy or more teams would have done it.

Did Bo get those 9-10 wins because of coaching or talent? Especially last few years, it seemed when the talent was equal and the game would come down coaching, we would get blown out. With our schedule this year, there were only about three teams were the talent was similar to ours (Miami, Michigan St, Wisconsin) we went 1-2, where the better coached team won each game. And the coaching gap between Nebraska and Minny was so great it overcame Minny's talent disadvantage.

If we continue to recruit by the books we will soon start competing for nattys just like the SEC...said no one ever. Honestly some of the recruiting rules are ridiculous and if bringing in someone who can get us 4 and 5 star kids I don't care how he did it. The SEC has been doing that garbage for years and they will never get caught and will continue to dominate college football until other universities start replicating their recruiting tactics.

How many years ago was this? A guy made mistakes in the early 90s boohoo

"Boohoo. He only repeatedly beat a woman. Let's hire him at Nebraska so he can get a few more recruiting violations here!"

Was he punished for his actions? Did he accept the punishment? Has he done it again?

I don't care. My rule for Nebraska football: We don't hire coaches who beat women, even if it was 20 years ago. I don't that is unreasonable.

"Boohoo. He only repeatedly beat a woman. Let's hire him at Nebraska so he can get a few more recruiting violations here!"

Was he punished for his actions? Did he accept the punishment? Has he done it again?

I don't care. My rule for Nebraska football: We don't hire coaches who beat women, even if it was 20 years ago. I don't that is unreasonable.

Taking a respite from coaching, Orgeron worked on his personal life: the permanent injunction against him was eventually rescinded, and the felony second-degree battery charges he faced were dropped. He stayed with his parents in Larose, crediting his father for helping him get his life in order.

The charges were dropped!?!?!?!

And I assume you're up for a discussion on whether or not they can play running back.

Could it be that some of you are so anti Bo Pelini and his crew that ANYONE who comes in here is an automatic upgrade.

I would say that is true for a lot of people.

Could it also be that some people were so swept up in Tresselmania and Frostlove that anyone else hired becomes disappointing?

Could it also be that the hire of Riley lacked enough splash that some people will not be happy with any staff hirings and will start using ridiculous words like "short leash?"

And I assume you're up for a discussion on whether or not they can play running back.

Not to mention TO was buddy buddy with LPD and got involved far too much in legal matters.

I too was about to go down this road.