2014 College Football Playoff

Mavric

So this whole playoff thing was a terrible idea, right?

I mean, this season would have been much better with Alabama and Florida State playing for the National Championship and Oregon not getting a chance.

No. Alabama, Oregon and tOSU deserved to be in the playoffs. But FSU had no business being there no matter what their "record" showed or the fact they're the defending National Champions. If the committee would have taken a hard look at their games, they may have chosen a different 4th team (TCU).

I mean, this season would have been much better with Alabama and Florida State playing for the National Championship and Oregon not getting a chance.

No. Alabama, Oregon and tOSU deserved to be in the playoffs. But FSU had no business being there no matter what their "record" showed or the fact they're the defending National Champions. If the committee would have taken a hard look at their games, they may have chosen a different 4th team (TCU).

But it would be REALLY hard to defend that decision. I agree that their quality of play was not up to snuff, but they were still undefeated. I just hate making qualitative judgments about teams when it comes to ranking and placement in a playoff, so I'm torn!

But it would be REALLY hard to defend that decision. I agree that their quality of play was not up to snuff, but they were still undefeated. I just hate making qualitative judgments about teams when it comes to ranking and placement in a playoff, so I'm torn!

True. I have to think there may be a few tweaks to how the committee selects the four teams

I just hate it that this playoff system has ruined the entire bowl season. This hasn't been exciting at all.

Pretty sure you guys's sarcasm meter is broken

• Fire 1

I just hate it that this playoff system has ruined the entire bowl season. This hasn't been exciting at all.

Pretty sure you guys's sarcasm meter is broken

Completely missed it. I'm going back to my corner