2014 College Football Playoff

Mavric

If Memphis and Cincy are the teams, they will need to mix up those divisions a little. I can't imagine anyone from the North Division being happy about that lineup.

But what kind of goofy names would they give the divisions?!?!

What about:

Division 1

TCU

Texas

Baylor

W Virginia

Cincy

Memphis

Division 2

Iowa St

KU

KSUcks

Oklahoma

Okie St

Texas Tech

Idk what to do with that conference. I'm glad we're not in it anymore though :lol:

If Memphis and Cincy are the teams, they will need to mix up those divisions a little. I can't imagine anyone from the North Division being happy about that lineup.

But what kind of goofy names would they give the divisions?!?!

What about:

Division 1

TCU

Texas

Baylor

W Virginia

Cincy

Memphis

Division 2

Iowa St

KU

KSUcks

Oklahoma

Okie St

Texas Tech

Idk what to do with that conference. I'm glad we're not in it anymore though :lol:

I hear Legends and Leaders are available

Would Texas and Oklahoma be willing to be in Separate divisions??? The only way the divisions are balanced are if you break up those two or the Texas 4 schools.

Texas football politics are so messy. Can't imagine the fight between TCU, Baylor and Tortilla Tech to see which one gets paired with Texas in that case.

Big Ohio State fan here but several factors contributed to OSU getting in thru the backdoor. I feel bad for TCU as I thought they were a very solid team.

1. B1G committee guys obviously supporting OSU. PAC likely as well as well as some other key supporters in the room. Pro SEC comm members giving full support to OSU to give Alabama a gimme game. Very little support for b12/Texas teams on the committee

2. Lack of clear b12 champ

3. no B12 CCG - no 13 game vs quality opponent.

4. FCS teams for TCU & Baylor

5. Terrible OOC overall for Baylor

6. Name recognition and TV sets

OSU is going to lose to Bama by 30+. No way Cardale plays another game like that. He's not facing a bunch of midwestern white boys on D. Bama's weakness is its pass Defense and not sure Cardale has enough talent to be a pure pocket passer. . Running on Bama will be impossible. Baylor and TCU would have played much better into Bama's weakness to exploit it. Hence the SEC support on the committee to go with a weakened OSU.

OSU is gonna lose worse than Mizzou did?

Joey Bosa is pretty good I think. He's white isn't he? All those White NFL lineman that Wisconsin/Big Ten puts in the NFL don't count anymore?

If we keep A'Shawn Robinson out of the backfield then I like our odds. Cardale Jones is still 6-5, 250lb and I think we are gonna try to speed this up.

OSU had a better resume than TCU. way better. If beating an 8-4 OU or 9-3 Kansas St is your top win then there is a problem.

If you wanna talk about OSU vs Baylor then I'll listen but there was no conspiracy with TCU.

I think you have your Buckeye colored glasses on. Or you are just pumping out your chest. I think TCU is better the OSU and played a tougher schedule. Apparently they did not do enough to get in, and so I can only wish the Buckeyes well. I'll root for them to not get crushed by Alabama. It's unfortunate they don't have Barret. I think he makes a huge difference. With him, OSU has a chance against Bama.

Now about your better resume. It's funny you went there. Thinking it is waaay better than TCU. Well then, let's have a look.

I know this is a long read, so grab some popcorn.

TCU

Best non-con game: Beat Minnesota 30-7. Yes the Gophers turned out to have a nice team, bouncing in and out of the polls even.

Worst non-con game: Beat FCS Samford 48-14.

But that's just the beginning. Let's go over the whole season.

Week 1: FCS Samford you know about

Week 2: Minnesota you know about

Week 3: SMU 56-0 (old rival team that sucks)

Week 4: Beat #4 ranked OU. The Sooners were 4-0, recieving 1st place votes, and still rolling along with full steam since they beat Alabama in the Bowl game. TCU was an underdog and yet they beat a Bob Stoops team from beginning to end. After that, OU was exposed and did not respond too well because of it. TCU shook up their season.

Week 5: After emotional win, once again TCU was a 5 point underdog playing #5 undefeated Baylor on the road. TCU was up 21 points in the fourth quarter. Baylor fought back and tied the game. TCU was in FG range with under 2 minutes to play. On 4th and 4 they elected to go for a 1st down. There was a no-call pass interference that the TV crew said was missed. Baylor took over and got into FG range with a phantom pass interference call on TCU. Same TV crew said they didn't see any interference. Baylor kicks FG and wins by 3.

Week 6: Facing another ranked opponent for the third week in a row, and after back to back emotional weeks against top 5 teams, they destroyed #15 Oklahoma State 42-9 while racking up nearly 700 yards of offense and shutting down the Cowboys to just 3 Field Goals.

Week 7: Hello Texas Tech 82-27 (man that's 3 TDs away from 100pts)

Week 8: Another ranked opponent, #20 West Virginia was home of college game day. Lots of excitement and fun to host that. Loud fans. Good game. However, TCU found a way win their 4th game against a ranked opponent in 5 weeks. Sheesh, it can't get any tougher than that, can it?

Week 9: A road game against a tough, disciplined Bill Snyder Kstate team that is ranked #7 in the nation. In a span of 6 weeks. Are you kidding me? Well I kid you not! TCU rolls through Manhatten to an impressive 41-20 victory. Yep, that's 5 ranked opponents in 6 weeks. 3 of them were ranked between 4 and 7. But I guess since they played an FCS school and lost a road game as an underdog by a FG to the #5 team in the country, there just isn't enough there.

Week 10/11/12: Beat KU 34-30, Texas Longhorns 48-10, and Iowa State 55-3. Will note that Charlie Strong has a stout defense this year and pitiful offense. Not stout enough though.

In summary, itwas a great year for TCU. A heisman candidate, the 2nd highest scoring team in the country behind Oregon, and a defense that was 16th in the nation for points allowed per game. All that accomplished while playing 6 ranked teams. And if you don't think it matters where a team is ranked at the time of a matchup, TV execs and Vegas think otherwise.

Now lets look at Ohio State. Because they played a tougher schedule as you say. I know you did because I highlighted it. And you did it with so much boldness. Well I looked it over and I see you beat Navy as your best non-conf win. Hmmm. And then there's that upset lost to unranked Virginia Tech by 14 points (ouch, too soon?). I also see that you beat a few other crappy teams before playing your first conference game of the season against......Maryland? Eh,...But you came back the next week in another big conference game against.....Rutgers? Hmmm. So far, your schedule is not looking too impressive there. I mean, 6 games in and you beat Navy and some East Coast rejects that joined the B1G.

Meanwhile TCU is 2-1 against three ranked opponents, including two of them ranked in the top 5. It's up there, go ahead and read it again if you want. But that's okay, you've lost to Va Tech but beat Maryland & Rutgers at this point. I'm not so sure your team is even ranked at the moment. The next week it heats up because you got Penn State to play. I mean, let's ignore that they were on a two game losing streak before playing the Buckeyes. And you obviously do. Because lucky for you, after 4 quarters against a bad Nittany Lion team, you guys are all tied up. But wait, the game isn't over. Someone must win. Yay for overtime! And a good thing too because you did it! You beat Penn State! 3 stars for the Buckeyes! But what could be the reason for such a tough game? I know, it's because Ohio State was looking past Penn State to the following week, right? NOPE. It's just Illinois. Wah-Waah. But that's okay too. You win the game and next it's Michigan State. Uh-huh. Now we are getting real. And guess what, it's good win for the Buckeyes. Seriously, good for you guys. You pounded them on the road, and the Spartans were ranked #8. Hey wait a second, let's take another look at what that means. It's the 9th week into the season and you finally played a ranked opponet. 9 weeks? My gosh, the season is nearly over! Well Good job Buckeyes! I mean, there's only 3 regular season games left. That schedule must have been brutal to get through so far. Which means the following week you play Minnesota and guess what? They've been having a good year (although TCU beat the snot out of them earlier in the season, but that's ok), and they are ranked #25... out of a 1-25 ranking system. Woo Whoo! That helps beef up your resume, doesn't it? Oh well, it doesn't matter you say, because the Buckeyes are up for the challenge of a ranked team and are ready to roll. After all said and done, OSU beats the Gophers by....a touchdown. Oh no...Why did you do that? Now Minnesota won't be ranked anymore. Oh darn. But it's okay because you still have one final regular season game against Brady Hoke's Michigan team. Didn't he get fired? Well Michigan did beat that Penn State team before you played them. Anyway, you do good and you win that game too. So in recap, going into the Conference Championship Game that you clearly earned, Ohio State has beaten Navy, lost to Va Tech, and fast forwad through a whopper of a schedule, to wins against Michigan St and .....well Minnesota was ranked so yeah, you guys played 2 ranked teams out of 12 games. 2 ranked teams out of 12. 2 ranked teams out of 12. Is this sinking in yet??? If not, well let's just give out more stars for the Buckeyes. And good for you, because in the end you steam rolled #13 Wisconsin, and thus cementing all proof and clear evidence that your Buckeyes have played a tougher schedule than TCU - as you say - and opened the eyes of the College Football World Committee. And for your most deserving reward, the entire college football universe gets to see the stellar Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes - along with their 3rd string QB who will be making just his second start ever - against the #1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide. Congrats to the Buckeyes, buddy. Keep beating out your chest and popping that collar. Your team definitely belongs. And good luck too, because you might need it....Roll Tide.

:)

Counting OU as a top-5 team? LOL They consider this one of the worst Stoops years ever and they are a "Top 5 team"?

Counting WVU and Okie lite as ranked teams? LOL 7-5 and 6-6, respectively

Please. You played ONE top team and you lost. simple.

If you want to argue OSU vs Baylor, I'll listen but TCU isn't in the conversation and the Committee felt the SAME WAY.

OSU beat 9 bowl teams. TCU beat 6.

OSU HAS a top-10 win. TCU doesn't.

OSU has beaten 3 ranked opponents. TCU has beaten 2( wait??? Is OU #5 or is Baylor #5....I'm sooo confused)

TCU struggled in the only two games outside of their home state when they played WVU and an abysmal KU team. Gonna be fun to see them play a team that has actually beaten a top-10 opponent. Oh wait...they already did and they blew a massive lead...

Hotty Toddy :lol:

• Fire 1

OHhhhhhh Woody...... LOL.... You're so full of baloney :laughpound

Not sure what you are drinking, but I appreciate your spirits. :)

Bottom line, your team apparently did enough, and TCU did not. Congrats.

Sooo Go Buckeyes!

<cough, "OSU HAS a top-10 win. TCU doesn't." cough>

OHhhhhhh Woody...... LOL.... You're so full of baloney :laughpound

Not sure what you are drinking, but I appreciate your spirits. :)

Bottom line, your team apparently did enough, and TCU did not. Congrats.

Sooo Go Buckeyes!

<cough, "OSU HAS a top-10 win. TCU doesn't." cough>

Fixed it for you. tons of errors in the final poll. Silly playoff committee. didn't get the memo that 6-6 Okie should be #15

1 Alabama 12-1
2 Oregon 12-1
4 Ohio State 12-1 **Oklahoma 8-4
5 Baylor 11-1
6 TCU 11-1
9 Ole Miss 9-3
10 Arizona 10-3
12 Georgia Tech 10-3
13 Georgia 9-3
14 UCLA 9-3
15 Arizona State 9-3 *Oklahoma State 6-6
16 Missouri 10-3
17 Clemson 9-3
18 Wisconsin 10-3
19 Auburn 8-4
20 Boise State 11-2 * WVU 7-5
21 Louisville 9-3
22 Utah 8-4
23 LSU 8-4
24 USC 8-4
25 Minnesota 8-4
  • Fire 1

I understand where they ended the season. Can you answer why there are polls at the beginning of the year that get updated each week? I remember the promo when TCU was playing #4 Oklahoma. Was that a misprint? Where they not #4 and undefeated at that time? Does Vegas and Bettors look at rankings early on the season? Do coaches and media not vote who is ranked during a season? Is it all a lie??

Ohio State Schedule and Result:

Sat, Aug 30 @ Navy W 34-17 1-0 (0-0)

Sat, Sept 6 vs Virginia Tech L 35-21 1-1 (0-0)

Sat, Sept 13 vs Kent State W 66-0 2-1 (0-0)

Sat, Sept 27 vs Cincinnati W 50-28 3-1 (0-0)

Sat, Oct 4 @ Maryland W 52-24 4-1 (1-0)

Sat, Oct 18 vs Rutgers W 56-17 5-1 (2-0)

Sat, Oct 25 @ Penn State W 31-24 2OT 6-1 (3-0)

Sat, Nov 1 vs Illinois W 55-14 7-1 (4-0)

Sat, Nov 8 @ #8 Michigan State W 49-37 8-1 (5-0)

Sat, Nov 15 @ #25 Minnesota W 31-24 9-1 (6-0)
Sat, Nov 22 vs Indiana W 42-27 10-1 (7-0)

Sat, Nov 29 vs Michigan W 42-28 11-1 (8-0)

Sat, Dec 6 vs #13 Wisconsin* W 59-0 12-1 (8-0)

TCU schedule and Result:

Sat, Aug 30 vs Samford W 48-14 1-0 (0-0)

Sat, Sept 13 vs Minnesota W 30-7 2-0 (0-0)

Sat, Sept 27 @ SMU W 56-0 3-0 (0-0)

Sat, Oct 4 vs #4 Oklahoma W 37-33 4-0 (1-0)

Sat, Oct 11 @ #5 Baylor L 61-58 4-1 (1-1)

Sat, Oct 18 vs #15 Oklahoma State W 42-9 5-1 (2-1)
Sat, Oct 25 vs Texas Tech W 82-27 6-1 (3-1)

Sat, Nov 1 @ #20 West Virginia W 31-30 7-1 (4-1)

Sat, Nov 8 vs #7 Kansas State W 41-20 8-1 (5-1)

Sat, Nov 15 @ Kansas W 34-30 9-1 (6-1)

Thu, Nov 27 @ Texas W 48-10 10-1 (7-1)

Sat, Dec 6 vs Iowa State W 55-3 11-1 (8-1)

I understand where they ended the season. Can you answer why there are polls at the beginning of the year that get updated each week? I remember the promo when TCU was playing #4 Oklahoma. Was that a misprint? Where they not #4 and undefeated at that time? Does Vegas and Bettors look at rankings early on the season? Do coaches and media not vote who is ranked during a season? Is it all a lie??

The same reason why the CFB committee updated the weekly rankings every week instead of just giving up a final four yesterday. To give people something to talk on the radio and message board.

Clearly the CFB Committee agrees with me since they judged it EXACTLY the way I did. Tom Osborne, Barry Alvarez, Pat Haden, etc...

No one remembers or cares that Okie State was #15...they are 6-6 and their best win was to 8-4 OU in OT and they needed 17 unanswered points to do so.

It doesn't even matter because Baylor proved they were the best team in the Big XII. The conference just sold them out.

• Fire 1

I don't think that is the reason, but I do appreciate the conversation. And allowing me to speak my peace, since I feel a little offended that TCU did not do enough this year.

Cheers Woody :cheers Although now I wished I really had a beer.

Go Buckeyes

Glad we kept it civil.

I got nothing against TCU. wish them well. I certainly don't think they were left out because of their "name" or history. They just won the Rose Bowl Game a couple years back

Cardale Jones blew my mind in the Big 10 Championship game. I was not expecting him to play like that. I think Creed posted on the page before that he doesn't see him having that kind of game again. I'm actually rooting for the Buckeyes and for the Big 10 too but if Jones can play at least decently in that game you never know. The Buckeyes got better all season long after that VT loss and then they busted out (the 3rd stringer) Cardale Jones? Are you serious?!!!