2014 College Football Playoff

Mavric

Can you imagine fans traveling traveling to a conference championship and THREE playoff games?

Those conference champ games will mean nothing and it will turn into the NCAA tournament games where no one shows up to anything that isn't within easy driving distance.

That's a great point. In the NFL it's not an issue because they just have the games at the teams' stadiums. If the ncaa were to expand the playoff, I imagine that's what they would have to do. The first round would be played at the highest ranked team's stadium.

The SEC teams will never go for that. Potential cold weather games in December? Not a chance.

Of course, for those of us who've claimed eight teams is the right number, Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Ohio State, Baylor, TCU, Michigan State and Mississippi State looks pretty good right now. Every Power 5 team with two or fewer losses and the two two-loss teams have three of their four losses to other playoff teams.

That would be great, until you look at the matchups:

1 - Alabama

vs REMATCH

8 - Miss St

2 - Oregon

vs REMATCH

7 - Mich St

3 - Florida St

vs

6 - TCU

4 - Ohio State

vs

5 - Baylor

6 team playoff would have been ideal this year. Then you'd have Bama playing the winner of Florida St & TCU and Oregon playing the winner of tOSU and Baylor. That looks pretty damn appealing to me.

There's not much separating 4 from 5. You can go on saying and expanding the playoff, but you remove something from the regular season each time.

No kidding. Ruined? The field 4-team field has a combined three losses. I hate that the field is just 4 teams, but it's way better than what we've had for quite a while now. Far too many times we've had to see several one-loss teams snubbed from the title game when there was almost nothing to separate them from the the one-loss teams that did make the title game.

We go from 4 to 8 and the SEC champ game becomes meaningless. Might as well rest their players and save energy.

Don't think Bama cares if they are #1 and playing in the Sugar Bowl in front of a partisan crowd or #8 and in the Peach Bowl playing in front of a partisan crowd.

"Bowl Game" is code word for Vacation.

"Playoffs" should be fair and Northern venues should be used as no one needs 3 or more vacations in a month. Detroit, Twin Cities, Indy plus others.

8 is coming and 16 after that. the B1G needs to hold firm and demand games in the North if they won't buy first round home games.

Big Ohio State fan here but several factors contributed to OSU getting in thru the backdoor. I feel bad for TCU as I thought they were a very solid team.

1. B1G committee guys obviously supporting OSU. PAC likely as well as well as some other key supporters in the room. Pro SEC comm members giving full support to OSU to give Alabama a gimme game. Very little support for b12/Texas teams on the committee

2. Lack of clear b12 champ

3. no B12 CCG - no 13 game vs quality opponent.

4. FCS teams for TCU & Baylor

5. Terrible OOC overall for Baylor

6. Name recognition and TV sets

OSU is going to lose to Bama by 30+. No way Cardale plays another game like that. He's not facing a bunch of midwestern white boys on D. Bama's weakness is its pass Defense and not sure Cardale has enough talent to be a pure pocket passer. . Running on Bama will be impossible. Baylor and TCU would have played much better into Bama's weakness to exploit it. Hence the SEC support on the committee to go with a weakened OSU.

• Fire 1

Big Ohio State fan here but several factors contributed to OSU getting in thru the backdoor. I feel bad for TCU as I thought they were a very solid team.

1. B1G committee guys obviously supporting OSU. PAC likely as well as well as some other key supporters in the room. Pro SEC comm members giving full support to OSU to give Alabama a gimme game. Very little support for b12/Texas teams on the committee

2. Lack of clear b12 champ

3. no B12 CCG - no 13 game vs quality opponent.

4. FCS teams for TCU & Baylor

5. Terrible OOC overall for Baylor

6. Name recognition and TV sets

OSU is going to lose to Bama by 30+. No way Cardale plays another game like that. He's not facing a bunch of midwestern white boys on D. Bama's weakness is its pass Defense and not sure Cardale has enough talent to be a pure pocket passer. . Running on Bama will be impossible. Baylor and TCU would have played much better into Bama's weakness to exploit it. Hence the SEC support on the committee to go with a weakened OSU.

OSU is gonna lose worse than Mizzou did?

Joey Bosa is pretty good I think. He's white isn't he? All those White NFL lineman that Wisconsin/Big Ten puts in the NFL don't count anymore?

If we keep A'Shawn Robinson out of the backfield then I like our odds. Cardale Jones is still 6-5, 250lb and I think we are gonna try to speed this up.

OSU had a better resume than TCU. way better. If beating an 8-4 OU or 9-3 Kansas St is your top win then there is a problem.

If you wanna talk about OSU vs Baylor then I'll listen but there was no conspiracy with TCU.

I think Alabama is gelling right now while OSU struggled with Indiana and Mich late in the season. I cant stand them but their team is full of stud athletes .

Did you miss the 59-0 champ game after the IU and scUM games against a team who ripped a bunch of B1G teams and should have beat LSU or are you just conveniently ignoring that now?

And not to put too much stock into that Wisky game but to lose by 30+?? please.

Bama isn't that good compared to last year. very beatable. This defense saw a better WR last year with Sammy Watkins. They didn't control him because the defense sucked last year but it isn't going to be some talent shock. Lippett from MSU is a pretty good player and we held him in check.

The decisions by the committee in their first year are going to have implications moving forward.

I see BYU and possibly Boise St moving to the PAC12

I see the Big 12 taking Houston/SMU, New Mexico/New Mexico State, Cincinnati/Memphis to get to 12 depending on what the NCAA rules on for a 10 team championship game. They won't want more competitive teams. They will just want teams.

I see ND and UConn getting picked up by the B1G or ACC. This would be a basketball move as well.

Look for UCF and USF to get some looks as well.

Big XII will add Cincinnati and Memphis after the season(don't know if its for 2015 or later) from what some people in the know hear.

That would give them a lineup of :

North

Cincinnati

West Virginia

Memphis

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

South

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas Christian

Baylor

Texas Tech

Big XII will add Cincinnati and Memphis after the season(don't know if its for 2015 or later) from what some people in the know hear.

That would give them a lineup of :

North

Cincinnati

West Virginia

Memphis

Kansas

Kansas State

Iowa State

South

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas Christian

Baylor

Texas Tech

If that's true, Good luck to anyone other than a Bill Snyder led K State from the Big 12 North.