Rumored NU position coach Brent Brennan - Stayed at OSU

It is natural for him to pick his current asst. coaches first, so they can recruit while he looks for other coaches. Someone has to reach out to our current class and to get more players committed. Plus there will be lots of film to watch to evaluate what we have and what we need.

I hope you are correct. Five from OSU seems a bit too many though. Better to have a single weak class than to be saddled with mediocre coaches.

It is natural for him to pick his current asst. coaches first, so they can recruit while he looks for other coaches. Someone has to reach out to our current class and to get more players committed. Plus there will be lots of film to watch to evaluate what we have and what we need.

I hope you are correct. Five from OSU seems a bit too many though. Better to have a single weak class than to be saddled with mediocre coaches.

I posted in another thread that it is 2 on offense, 2 on defense, and 1 ST. That is not unreasonable for getting started in a new place.

One question for everyone......what kind of assistant wants to work for a school that fired a 9-3...10-3 coach for being too aggressive? I'm thinking probably none and we're fortunate he's getting his trusted guys to come along so he doesn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel......JMHO.

I can tell you which kind of assistants won't want to work for a school that fires a 9-3 coach: losers who don't believe they can do better.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't want those types anyway.

THANK YOU!!!! My thoughts exactly.

One question for everyone......what kind of assistant wants to work for a school that fired a 9-3...10-3 coach for being too aggressive? I'm thinking probably none and we're fortunate he's getting his trusted guys to come along so he doesn't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel......JMHO.

I can tell you which kind of assistants won't want to work for a school that fires a 9-3 coach: losers who don't believe they can do better.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't want those types anyway.

+1 to you sir, winners aren't affraid of a challenge.

actually, a lot of assistant wouldn't work for Bo because of his attitude. Scott Frost was one of them. Anybody with a brain knows we didnt fire Pelini because of his W/L record.....

• Fire 1

I am concerned. Not a single non-OSU hire yet.

I hope you don't want to keep token coaches from the current staff......that would be a bummer to me. I'm not sure who nationally is dying to join up with Riley either.

Ron Brown and Fisher would be the only Nebraska coaches I could tolerate on the new staff. I wanted to see the entire new staff consist of the top position coaches in football, even if it meant paying premium money to entice them from their current job. I imagined Riley and SE talking to prospects with this message; "resources are no issue at Nebraska, we want to win national championships, you will be joining an all star staff of coaches, if you want to work and learn from the best then Nebraska is the place for you, in addition to working with the best we will make sure you have the best facilities, in fact anything you need to win will be provided, and by the way we will double your salary"

So far he's brought the DC, LB, OL, WR, and Special Teams coaches. The only ones I'd want to keep from Bo's staff are the DB and DL coaches. I like Garrison for the way he handled that MASH unit, but that ship has sailed.

You want to keep the DL coaches? Really? Coach up a little more of our 'Matador Defense.' You know, 'Take a step to the left and say, 'Ole' as the running back goes by. Your creditability is now gone. Take a seat on the end of the bench.

T_O_B

I am concerned. Not a single non-OSU hire yet.

I hope you don't want to keep token coaches from the current staff......that would be a bummer to me. I'm not sure who nationally is dying to join up with Riley either.
Ron Brown and Fisher would be the only Nebraska coaches I could tolerate on the new staff. I wanted to see the entire new staff consist of the top position coaches in football, even if it meant paying premium money to entice them from their current job. I imagined Riley and SE talking to prospects with this message; "resources are no issue at Nebraska, we want to win national championships, you will be joining an all star staff of coaches, if you want to work and learn from the best then Nebraska is the place for you, in addition to working with the best we will make sure you have the best facilities, in fact anything you need to win will be provided, and by the way we will double your salary"
So far he's brought the DC, LB, OL, WR, and Special Teams coaches. The only ones I'd want to keep from Bo's staff are the DB and DL coaches. I like Garrison for the way he handled that MASH unit, but that ship has sailed.
You want to keep the DL coaches? Really? Coach up a little more of our 'Matador Defense.' You know, 'Take a step to the left and say, 'Ole' as the running back goes by. Your creditability is now gone. Take a seat on the end of the bench.

T_O_B

Product of the system Bo was running..

So he's not coming?

I don't know. Between Cavanaugh reportedly saying 4 OSU coaches total (and we can add them up - Bray, Banker, Cav, Read), Sean Callahan's tweet about there being no substance so far in Brennan rumors...it at least looks like it hasn't happened yet. And with the other 4 locked up, you wonder why not.

I hope it changes. Really, really, really like Coach Brennan and want to see him in Nebraska red.

If I remember correctly, the statement about resources had two parts. The first being that he was fortunate that resources were not an issue at NEB, the second part being that it was his job to be a good steward of those resources. In hindsight, we probably should have paid a little more attention to the second part of the statement.