What did Pelini say to the team

bruzer1053

Knapp's cred is shot. Seriously unbelievable? Knapp's version was seriously unbelievable. Did you think for one minute Bo would not piss in his nest on his way out after having done it so many times while sitting in it. If I was Tressel I would fire him pronto. What parent would want their kid mentored by this clown? Bad egg, man. Bad egg!

I never had any "cred" to begin with. I'm just some schmoe with a keyboard and an internet connection. I have never professed to be otherwise.

I mean, if that post ruins my "cred" then I'm OK with that.

Great writing though. You should spin for Obama. Be his press sec.

• Fire 1

Knapp's cred is shot. Seriously unbelievable? Knapp's version was seriously unbelievable. Did you think for one minute Bo would not piss in his nest on his way out after having done it so many times while sitting in it. If I was Tressel I would fire him pronto. What parent would want their kid mentored by this clown? Bad egg, man. Bad egg!

I never had any "cred" to begin with. I'm just some schmoe with a keyboard and an internet connection. I have never professed to be otherwise.

Reported.

I think Bo should have consulted with me before taking the mic in front of the team. I could have strung that out to a 30-minute script, and it would have been far less damaging to his career.

But thanks for the writing compliment. ;)

• Fire 1

Woah, simmer down, man. You might be the only person who took that post as a knapp saying, "I claim to know what went on and this is what went on."

Did I think for a minute?...well, in a lot of ways, this doesn't surprise me. It doesn't surprise any of us. It's so fitting, isn't it?

But I did think Bo would say exactly the type of stuff knapp posted for example purposes, because for all my criticisms I thought he was a good man who would put his players first above all, and also a man resigned to his fate. And also a man smart enough to realize that the best vindication would be taking the high road and moving on.

As the weeks went by and Bo bothered to call Youngstown State speculation complete falsehood (heh), but didn't bother to release your standard PC "thank you for the opportunity here and thank you to all the Nebraska fans for our time here, etc, etc", sure, it got to be something I thought Bo deserved a little criticism for. But a wild, off-the-rails, insanely bad rant as his "this is for you guys" moment to his own team? I think a lot of us thought that particular rumor was too crazy to be true until it actually dropped.

This is totally in character for Bo. For those surprised, you haven't been paying attention. As far as me being maybe the only one statement, I'll ask you does knapp have a reputation for spinning? I like to think most of the stuff on here that comes close to being as well written as his piece has an element of truth.

I think Bo should have consulted with me before taking the mic in front of the team. I could have strung that out to a 30-minute script, and it would have been far less damaging to his career.

But thanks for the writing compliment. ;)

You're welcome. I write Statements of Claims for securities fraud attorneys and am considered pretty good at it, I'm qualified to grade your paper with a 5 star A++. :wasted

• Fire 1

If anyone didn't understand that you were offering conjecture based on what would be expected of a reasonable man, then their opinions shouldn't really count for a whole lot.

If anyone didn't understand that you were offering conjecture based on what would be expected of a reasonable man, then their opinions shouldn't really count for a whole lot.

Go back and read the thread. Then make your list of people whose "opinions shouldn't count for a whole lot." Knapp's a big boy, and doesn't need you to issue any "take that"s for him.

Knapp's a big boy

I've been dieting.

Feud over. Boy you had a couple guys stand up for you. What did that one clown write "Reported"? Reported! Is that like when you push that little button left of "MultiQuote"? Scares me. :dunno Reported. Mommy, mommy.

Knapplc,

Thanks for trying to calm the board.

I only hope that Bo's true comments earn him a 8 million dollar loss.

28 million dollars paid by people who loved him, those that still love him and still after being stabbed in throat, wish him luck.

I wanted this day for 7 years. But I actually hated for it to happen. Not for losing Bo. I couldn't care less(I can learn) where he goes, what happens to him. I hope I never have to see his face again. But I hate what it did to the program. The hate that he brought to the kids, the fans and even this group.

Time to move on

• Fire 1

Knapp's a big boy

I've been dieting.

Feud over. Boy you had a couple guys stand up for you. What did that one clown write "Reported"? Reported! Is that like when you push that little button left of "MultiQuote"? Scares me. :dunno Reported. Mommy, mommy.

There's a report button under every post, so if someone finds something objectionable they can alert the Mods.

Writing "reported" in reply to someone is a joking way of saying "You're so naughty!" If someone is really reporting a post, they don't say that, they just hit the button.

Here's an open invitation to post more. We need as much intelligent discourse on this board as we can get. :thumbs

• Fire 1

Knapplc,

28 million dollars paid by people who loved him, those that still love him and still after being stabbed in throat, wish him luck.

I wanted this day for 7 years. But I actually hated for it to happen. Not for losing Bo. I couldn't care less(I can learn) where he goes, what happens to him. I hope I never have to see his face again. But I hate what it did to the program. The hate that he brought to the kids, the fans and even this group.

Time to move on

I would think his comments could be construed by the right judge as grounds to nullify the contract. The consideration a university rightly expects to receive from a fired coach is that he conduct himself in a fashion non detrimental to the operations and interests of said university. Was this tape recorded superstitiously? If so that would not be allowed in as evidence. Then you would rely on testimony of those present.

Knapplc,

Time to move on

I would think his comments could be construed by the right judge as grounds to nullify the contract. The consideration a university rightly expects to receive from a fired coach is that he conduct himself in a fashion non detrimental to the operations and interests of said university. Was this tape recorded superstitiously? If so that would not be allowed in as evidence. Then you would rely on testimony of those present.

But in the big picture of things for the sake of our program and the future, it's best that the University just write the checks and let it go. This was the final twist in the dagger, the administration responded promptly, and despite damon Bennings opinion, appropriately in my opinion. And now it's over. yeah, we're all gonna continue to talk about it for a while, but that's what WE do. The school just needs to move on now. No sense whatsoever in dragging this out any longer, for the sake of many obvious reasons.

• Fire 1

I think it was clear that knapp was making that up. It was an "obviously, this is what any coach is going to say in this situation, is there really any wonder? I mean, come on guys."

The kind of thing where you can't even imagine there's anything legitimately more to the story. This whole turn of events has been seriously unbelievable, even knowing and seeing some of Bo's prior antics as we all have.

One thing I'm curious about, this is being described as about 30 minutes of audio. That poor Lincoln high school guy was charged for almost 4 hours of usage time, if I recall.

Lol, this audio leak also ruined Hedley's as well... If you remember he said "SE gave Bo ultimatum of making Big 10 Championship."