8 Down 1 to Go...Who Will Be Our WR Coach?

GBR #1

Has Derek Dooley been mentioned? Current WR coach for Dallas. When the Robert Prince rumor popped, it was said that the new NU coach was coaching in that (Det/Dal) game...was the wrong name inadvertently attached?

Dooley had a horrific experience as a HC at Tennessee but prior to that was an up and coming and well respected coach under Saban's wing.

With at least one high profile WR lining up a January visit, one would think that the name is known but not released.

This is just speculation, but I think the receivers coach will be Ron Brown. The reason I think that, is due to his responses towards the local papers about soon announcing his future plans.

Why wouldn't that have already been announced?
You know, Riley has yet to officially announce Langsdorf and Davis...that I know of. Their hiring a were brought to our attention via the media.

Maybe he is waiting till he has everyone in place to announce the entire staff, I don't know.

This is just speculation, but I think the receivers coach will be Ron Brown. The reason I think that, is due to his responses towards the local papers about soon announcing his future plans.

You know, Riley has yet to officially announce Langsdorf and Davis...that I know of. Their hiring a were brought to our attention via the media.

Maybe he is waiting till he has everyone in place to announce the entire staff, I don't know.

But, at least those hirings were told/leaked to the media and we have evidence of those coaches working in Lincoln for the program. Here you have quite possibly the favorite assistant in Husker Nation the last 10 years and you keep it under wraps if you are going to keep him and it appears to everyone outside that he is leaving? Also, I'm sure at least some of the recruits from the prior staff had contact with him in the recruiting process. It would be beneficial for them to know he is still going to be here. In the past, it has been clear once something is told to a recruit, it gets put out on Twitter instantly. To my knowledge, no recruit has mentioned Brown staying.

Also, I expect when the WR coach is hired, there will be a formal press conference and news release introducing everyone. It would help recruiting to make a big deal about this and pump up who was hired. So far....nothing. Which leads me to believe that the WR coach is still in his current position and can't come to Nebraska until he is done there.

But, at least those hirings were told/leaked to the media and we have evidence of those coaches working in Lincoln for the program. Here you have quite possibly the favorite assistant in Husker Nation the last 10 years and you keep it under wraps if you are going to keep him and it appears to everyone outside that he is leaving? Also, I'm sure at least some of the recruits from the prior staff had contact with him in the recruiting process. It would be beneficial for them to know he is still going to be here. In the past, it has been clear once something is told to a recruit, it gets put out on Twitter instantly. To my knowledge, no recruit has mentioned Brown staying.

Also, I expect when the WR coach is hired, there will be a formal press conference and news release introducing everyone. It would help recruiting to make a big deal about this and pump up who was hired. So far....nothing. Which leads me to believe that the WR coach is still in his current position and can't come to Nebraska until he is done there.

Like I said, I'm just speculating. I could be wrong, but I am not sure it is wise to announce the whole staff without being officially hired and having contracts signed. Maybe Ron wanted to think it over and it took longer than planned, maybe you're right and it is someone else. Hahaha, I just have a feeling that it is Ron, regardless, I hope the WR coach is a good one.

gotta think the WR coach is still coaching somewhere. I dont see an Oregon or Ohio State coach leaving to be a WR coach here... so probably a NFL guy?

So, we are looking at someone from Green Bay, Seattle, New England or Indianapolis?

Green Bay WR Coach = Edgar Bennett

Wide Receivers; born February 15, 1969, Jacksonville. Running back Florida State 1987, 1989-1991. Pro running back Green Bay Packers 1992-96, Chicago Bears 1998-99. Pro coach: Joined Packers in 2001

Seattle WR Coach = Kippy Brown

Wide Receivers; born March 6, 1955, Sweetwater, Tenn. Quarterback Memphis State 1974-77. No pro playing experience. College coach: Memphis State 1978-1980, Louisville 1982, Tennessee 1983-89, 1993-94, 2009. Pro coach: New York Jets 1990-92, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1995, Miami Dolphins 1996-99, Green Bay 2000, Memphis Maniax (XFL head coach) 2001, Houston Texans 2002-05, Detroit Lions 2006-08. Joined Seahawks in 2010.

New England WR Coach = Chad O'Shea

Wide Receivers; born December 18, 1972, Houston. Quarterback Marshall 1991-93, Houston 1994-95. No pro playing experience. College coach: Houston 1996-99, Southern Mississippi 2000-02. Pro coach: Kansas City Chiefs 2004-05, Minnesota Vikings 2006-08, joined Patriots in 2009.

Indianapolis WR Coach = Charlie Williams

Wide Receivers; born January 31, 1958, Torrance, Calif. Defensive back, Colorado State 1978-79. No pro playing experience. College coach: Long Beach City College 1984, New Mexico State, 1986-87, TCU 1988-91, Minnesota 1992, Miami 1993-95, South Carolina 2003, North Carolina 2007-11. Pro coach: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1996-01. Joined Colts in 2012.

Of coarse, it doesn't necessarily have to be a coach that is coaching WRs right now. I don't see any coaches on any of these teams that have direct experience with Riley.