National Championship Game

2ndNnine

To me, this game all boils down to OSU's defense. Can it hold up? OSU isn't going to win a high scoring shoot out.

I actually think they have a good chance at winning this game. Oregon is one of those teams (in my opinion) if you rattle their offense and get them out of their rhythm, you have a shot. I think OSU has the athletes to do that.

At first, I was feeling much more confident for the Bucks against Oregon than vs Alabama. As it gets closer and the more I think about it, the confidence is gone. Here's why:

1. OSU was in a heavyweight fight for 60 minutes with Ala. Oregon was on cruise control after FSU gave up. Not sure OSU has enough gas in the tank. Reminds me of when #1 UK bball played a big physical Minnesota team in the final four then lost to an up tempo Arizona team in the CG.

2. OSU's D has struggled at times especially with play maker type QBs. VT 35 pts, Cincy 28, Indiana 27 , Mich 28. Big key will be when the plays break down, OSU better keep MM options limited.

3. Cardale has to come to down to earth at some point, right? Oregon's D might confuse him and cause TOs. Look what they did to Jameis

At first, I was feeling much more confident for the Bucks against Oregon than vs Alabama. As it gets closer and the more I think about it, the confidence is gone. Here's why:

1. OSU was in a heavyweight fight for 60 minutes with Ala. Oregon was on cruise control after FSU gave up. Not sure OSU has enough gas in the tank. Reminds me of when #1 UK bball played a big physical Minnesota team in the final four then lost to an up tempo Arizona team in the CG.

2. OSU's D has struggled at times especially with play maker type QBs. VT 35 pts, Cincy 28, Indiana 27 , Mich 28. Big key will be when the plays break down, OSU better keep MM options limited.

3. Cardale has to come to down to earth at some point, right? Oregon's D might confuse him and cause TOs. Look what they did to Jameis

I would agree with you on #1 if they were playing right after each other. But, they have had extra time to get their legs back and get ready for this game. I don't think this is going to be as big of factor as you think.

We will see.

Another point (maybe I am being over critical here):

#4: I saw some points in the Ala game where they showed some inexperience. Opening kick off the ball bounced off Ala returner hands and OSU players just let the ball go in the endzone. The ball wasn't blown dead until another Ala returner jumped on it. Could have been a gift 6. End of game management could have been disastrous. 3-4 mins left when they should have been trying to eat up clock, Cardale was hiking the ball with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. Good thing EE had that 85 yd TD run. Defense gave up a TD too quickly. Also did not like passing on first down in the final 2 mins.

Another point (maybe I am being over critical here):

#4: I saw some points in the Ala game where they showed some inexperience. Opening kick off the ball bounced off Ala returner hands and OSU players just let the ball go in the endzone. The ball wasn't blown dead until another Ala returner jumped on it. Could have been a gift 6. End of game management could have been disastrous. 3-4 mins left when they should have been trying to eat up clock, Cardale was hiking the ball with 15-20 seconds left on the play clock. Good thing EE had that 85 yd TD run. Defense gave up a TD too quickly. Also did not like passing on first down in the final 2 mins.

You are being to critical. :ahhhhhhhh

Seriously though, I just have this feeling that tOSU is going to win. I don't think Oregon has the defense to stop them, and I think the Buckeyes will get enough stops to slow down Oregon. Personally I really don't care who wins, I just hope it is a good, close game.

So you are claiming SEC fatigue if OsU loses?