Crouch signs a two year deal

I actually think he'll stick this one out. maybe more hope than reallity but a couple things-

1, he so much has the reputation of a quitter I think he may be even more driven to prove everyone wrong. or, not wrong really. more like, proving that he's "changed" in that regard.

2, he'll play QB and he knows he's going in as a likely 2nd stringer until the "old man" in front of him retires. If by a slim chance Bishop does come back and somehow pushes Crouch to #3, then all bets are off.

Ya, he made it sound like the only reason he never stuck it out in the NFL was 'cause he knew he wouldn't get a shot at QB, and they kept lying to him.

i wish him good luck.

Is this what you're referring to maybe??:

"I've always felt deep down inside that this is my position," Crouch said. "I've been told by NFL teams I was going to get the opportunity to play quarterback, and next thing you know I'm back at home sitting on the couch."

As much as i like Crouch, that statement is such BS. HE is the one that went home and sat his ass back on the couch. He never gave the teams a chance to see him at any other positions much less give them time to evaluate him as a QB! Even at Green Bay, he was signed as a QB and was given an "opportunity", HE again quit b/c he even knew he wasn't as good as the other QBs on the depth chart. sorry but they gave you an opportunity eric. you just didn't give them one.

ok, there's my one anti-crouch rant. everything else from me would be positive on that one.

I actually think he'll stick this one out.  maybe more hope than reallity but a couple things-

1, he so much has the reputation of a quitter I think he may be even more driven to prove everyone wrong.  or, not wrong really.  more like, proving that he's "changed" in that regard.

2, he'll play QB and he knows he's going in as a likely 2nd stringer until the "old man" in front of him retires.  If by a slim chance Bishop does come back and somehow pushes Crouch to #3, then all bets are off.

Ya, he made it sound like the only reason he never stuck it out in the NFL was 'cause he knew he wouldn't get a shot at QB, and they kept lying to him.

i wish him good luck.

Is this what you're referring to maybe??:

"I've always felt deep down inside that this is my position," Crouch said. "I've been told by NFL teams I was going to get the opportunity to play quarterback, and next thing you know I'm back at home sitting on the couch."

As much as i like Crouch, that statement is such BS. HE is the one that went home and sat his ass back on the couch. He never gave the teams a chance to see him at any other positions much less give them time to evaluate him as a QB! Even at Green Bay, he was signed as a QB and was given an "opportunity", HE again quit b/c he even knew he wasn't as good as the other QBs on the depth chart. sorry but they gave you an opportunity eric. you just didn't give them one.

ok, there's my one anti-crouch rant. everything else from me would be positive on that one.

I can one better you - circa 1998 - crouch quits the team and drives back to omaha to pout after Bobby Newcombe was named the starter - solich had to drive to Omaha and meet with crouch and his high school coach to get him back on the team - QUITTING is in his blood - My Dad knew crouch's Dad when they were younger and his Dad was little bitch too. My Dad and his friends have a joke that if they were told that crouch's dad would have a son that would be the starting QB for NEBRASKA and win the Heisman Trophy - They would have bet a million against it.

I can one better you - circa 1998 - crouch quits the team and drives back to omaha to pout after Bobby Newcombe was named the starter - solich had to drive to Omaha and meet with crouch and his high school coach to get him back on the team - QUITTING is in his blood - My Dad knew crouch's Dad when they were younger and his Dad was little bitch too. My Dad and his friends have a joke that if they were told that crouch's dad would have a son that would be the starting QB for NEBRASKA and win the Heisman Trophy - They would have bet a million against it.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

For some reason this doesn't surprise me thanks for the info though just learned something new about Crouch today!!! :blink:

:rollin:rollin:rollin

For some reason this doesn't surprise me thanks for the info though just learned something new about Crouch today!!! :blink:

he did some good things like carry our program when frank was running it into the ground. Without Crouch we would've been in a bigger hole a long time ago. I personally dont like what he did in regards to his off-field actions, but i've tried to put that ugly chapter far behind...

Yeah I understand that and I'm not saying he wasn't a great quarterback because he was...............I was just disappointed in how he handled things in the NFL..........everyone knows that the option quarterback usually doesn't do very well in the NFL so most of the time they wouldn't take Nebraska QB's seriously at QB but hopfully with this WCO Taylor will change all of that!!! :thumbs

Who was actually the last QB from Nebraska to play QB in the NFL??? Was it Vince Ferragamo??? I just don't see how Crouch thought he would make it in the NFL as a QB. Go and play DB like Frost and be happy you were given the OPPORTUNITY to play in the NFL.

everyone knows that the option quarterback usually doesn't do very well in the NFL so most of the time they wouldn't take Nebraska QB's seriously at QB but hopfully with this WCO Taylor will change all of that!!! 

:yeah and hopefully more to come!!!

Who was actually the last QB from Nebraska to play QB in the NFL??? Was it Vince Ferragamo??? I just don't see how Crouch thought he would make it in the NFL as a QB. Go and play DB like Frost and be happy you were given the OPPORTUNITY to play in the NFL.

everyone knows that the option quarterback usually doesn't do very well in the NFL so most of the time they wouldn't take Nebraska QB's seriously at QB but hopfully with this WCO Taylor will change all of that!!! 

:yeah and hopefully more to come!!!

Yeah I think Vince was the last QB to play in the NFL. KC was high on Brooke Berringer but tragic events cut that short. Too bad, I would of loved to have seen what he could of done in the NFL. Tommy Frazier would of been a decent NFL QB but back then scrambling QB's were unheard of and his damn blood clots kept coming back.

Yeah that was too bad for Frazier to have to go through that crap............I also agree that if I was given the opportunity to play in the NFL wheather it was at QB or not I would take it and run with it alot of guys have to change positions!!! These coaches know what they are doing and if they see some talent in you that would better used at another position so be it!!! :blink:

I must say that I am not, nor have I ever been a big Eric fan. Many problems in the program were caused or added too by his actions early in his career at Nebraska. His hypsman quest from the beginning made the program unprepared for the future. He gave us many wins no question, but he was a management problem for the previous staff from day one. I sometimes think the program overall may have been better off if Frank would have stayed in Lincoln.

Now that being said, I do hope Eric brings the fire, dedication and loyalty to the CFL that he displayed at Nebraska the last 3 years of his career.

All of us have character flaws. He deserves another chance if he truly is going to give it a chance. I hope he does well this time. But if this time enda as the last 3 or 4 it will be over for me even trying to endorse his future endeavors.

Good Luck Eric. I will be watching you every time I get the chance. Almost all are giving the you the benefit of the doubt. Run with it!!!!!.