My hard drive had suffered a sickness status, not dead but numerous errors courtesy of my HD. I decided to order online purchase for hard drive package via Amazon. I notice my tracking details was USPS. Oh no, I thought. Only $4.45 shipping cost, less than UPS and FedEX. Obviously not Priority Mail but Parcel Post (cheapest rate). Bottom line, I'm scared for USPS carrier. But ......

tracking_zpsff4b0f6a.jpg

Arrived package for my house at January 23 10:00AM or so (mailman). Less than 2 days! Lucked out or normal USPS timeframe?

BTW, most customers said government agency. Not true, completely independent since 1970's law..... no taxpayer revenue and no bail out like GM. Only post office properties was owned by US government.

I'm happy.

The lines are blurred between USPS, FedEx and UPS deliveries. USPS leases cargo space on FedEx/UPS planes. While FedEx and UPS use USPS postal carriers for last mile delivery in rural areas. That's why sometimes the shipping status will say your package is being delivered by UPS, but it's actually a UPS postman who drops it off.

When I lived back in Nebraska, I always had to add a day or two to my delivery because UPS/Fedex would rarely delivery straight to my home. They would drop it at the post office and the USPS would deliver it to me.

Takes the wagon a day or two to get to ya?

Have been dong all my Christmas shopping on line for years. I love saving the 6% sales tax that I would have to pay the corrupt State Government here in SD, and also find things I can not find locally. Most of my shipping costs are free and a lot of it comes USPS. Some patience is required but the savings can be substantial and things often come in boxes which makes wrapping easier.

T_O_B

When I lived back in Nebraska, I always had to add a day or two to my delivery because UPS/Fedex would rarely delivery straight to my home. They would drop it at the post office and the USPS would deliver it to me.

Takes the wagon a day or two to get to ya?

Lol. Something like that.