Do you think Nebraska would ever take money to play someone?

dvdcrr

I have been schooled on the economics of this and it sounds like a bad deal for NU. BUT definitely there would be teams willing to pay us. Right now NU is THE perfect early season game for an Oregon or Alabama. It would look like a quality win for them, and would be a for sure sellout for them. If anyone comes a callin, NU could ask for something astronomical. Then go get the W and recruit the hell out of the area while there.

I think we ought to go to schools like Georgia, Alabama, and get them to pay US $1 mill for a one and done. I bet a handful of schools would do it.

Interesting question.....I for one think it would be humiliating.

Getting buzz sawed by Texas Tech years ago was humilliating. Getting a mill and a W at the same time? Doesnt sound so bad, but I have been told that this isnt enough money to make sense for us. OTOH if the playoff committee is looking hard at non conference strength and all we can get is McNeese on the line, maybe we take a mill and go? I dunno.

I think we ought to go to schools like Georgia, Alabama, and get them to pay US $1 mill for a one and done. I bet a handful of schools would do it.

Interesting question.....I for one think it would be humiliating.

Getting buzz sawed by Texas Tech years ago was humilliating. Getting a mill and a W at the same time? Doesnt sound so bad, but I have been told that this isnt enough money to make sense for us. OTOH if the playoff committee is looking hard at non conference strength and all we can get is McNeese on the line, maybe we take a mill and go? I dunno.

I do know. No, we don't.

For one thing, we probably don't get a W out of it, no matter how cool you think that would be.

For another, you've already had the economics pointed out in another thread that $1M isn't nearly enough to make up for a lost home game, and yet you still dunno?

Whenever you negotiate, you do so from a position of strength and leverage if possible. In a hypothetical negotiation with Alabama for example we would have the leverage because they would want to play us a hell of a lot more than vice versa. So we would push for a neutral 50/50 split or a home and home. There I said it. Whoever started this thread can close it.