Do you think Nebraska would ever take money to play someone?

dvdcrr

Would be great to play a neutral site game in the south would be great. Jerry World in Texas or the super dome, with so many southern kids on this roster it would give their parents at least one game a year to see them play. Plus increased exposure in the area could never hurt. Out of state camps and games in these regions would be huge.

We would have to have more than $1M. Gotta get some gate too or something. Not sure what it costs to travel for a road game but i'd think it has to be $500,000+

Yeah, the price would be something north of $1M. Maybe $2M or even $3M. It seems much more likely for us to schedule a home and away with a top team and not have any payouts. I'd love to see us play Alabama home and away. I'd like it even more if we played Oregon or TCU. I think we'd have a decent shot at beating these teams, especially at home early in the season. If not, there would be no shame in losing. As long as the game was fairly competitive.

edit: By "decent" shot, I don't mean we'd be favored. Just not double digit dogs.

I don't like the neutral site regular season games. I think we should do more home and homes. Gives fans a chance to see a great match up and travel to different places

I agree that home and home is the best option, but the next best option is a neutral site game. Option #236 is getting $1M to go to Bama or another top team for a single road game.

I don't like the neutral site regular season games. I think we should do more home and homes. Gives fans a chance to see a great match up and travel to different places

I agree that home and home is the best option, but the next best option is a neutral site game. Option #236 is getting $1M to go to Bama or another top team for a single road game.

As someone who has lived away from Nebraska since my UNL days I have to say I like the away and neutral site games. The neutral site games, and the away games in a home-and-away series, give expatriate Huskers a chance to see a live game. I had a blast a few years back when I attended the Wake Forest v. NU game in Winston-Salem. We turned that stadium red! It was one of the few bright spots in the 2007 season.

We would have to have more than $1M. Gotta get some gate too or something. Not sure what it costs to travel for a road game but i'd think it has to be $500,000+

And I thought the whole point of these paydays was because those schools couldn't make that much during a home game. I'm pretty sure the Huskers could make $1M on their own without this.

As someone who has lived away from Nebraska since my UNL days I have to say I like the away and neutral site games. The neutral site games, and the away games in a home-and-away series, give expatriate Huskers a chance to see a live game. I had a blast a few years back when I attended the Wake Forest v. NU game in Winston-Salem. We turned that stadium red! It was one of the few bright spots in the 2007 season.

I agree that away games and neutral site games are fun. The WF game you mentioned was part of a home and home series. It wasn't like NU was doing a road game in Winstom-Salem for a payday. My comments are around the thought of doing a road game for just cash. That doesn't make sense. NU is not a mid-major.