Seattle Becked It

If they wanted to pass I'm okay with that. Its where they threw the pass. Way too crowded and something bad happening. Roll Wilson out and drag your TE across the formation, have another WR box out on the sideline and pylon. You now have two passing options and wilson able to run it. Plus it eats clock as Carroll claims that was the goal

I remember how that first Super Bowl played out all too well. First year starter Tom Brady, in crunch time, led a drive that John Madden (who was announcing) said gave him "chills". That game at least should have been Brady's.

Edelman played his heart out, as always. So did Gronk, and so did Amendola. Heck, Shane Vereen had 11 catches. It was in many ways a team effort, but at the center of it all was Brady, who made costly mistakes but also carried the offense and directed the comeback. The largest 4th quarter comeback in Super Bowl history.

I think Malcolm Butler should have a game ball. He yielded the big catch at the end, but that was a minor miracle for Seattle. He had one sweet pass breakup earlier in the game, and he made the play to seal the win. However, he was on the field for 18 snaps only, and I can see why the MVP deservedly goes to Brady in this one.

That's no knock on Tom Brady, don't get me wrong, I respect the game that Tom Brady plays. It's more of a knock on how people just hand MVP awards to QB all the time. It kind of annoys me. It's a team sport, and Tom Brady maybe is the true MVP of the team overall. But for that first SB win, I still see Vinateiri as MVP, making the clutch game winner. And that's keeping in mind all that Tom Brady did in the 50+/- snaps he saw throughout the game.

I guess the way I see it. Tom Brady deserves this one. You have to ask yourself, could someone on their roster come in and do what they did and win? I think Tom Brady might be the only one on that roster that is virtually irreplaceable. The fact that he consistently picked apart and exposed Seattle's match ups so well and made it look easy. That says a lot about his understanding of the game, his scheme, and the players he is playing with. I made a comment about how fun it is to watch that play out after one play, Seattle had Sherman on Gronk, and he threw to Vereen, then two plays later he saw that Gronk had an insanely favorable match up with some LB and got a big gain. Credit coaching and scheme for creating those match up problems for Seattle. But credit Tom for knowing where to go with the ball after recognizing the coverage.

• Fire 1

First thing I said to my wife after that play, "Tim Beck must have called that play."

How many fans across the country do you think said the same thing about their respective OC? I'm not saying that to defend Beck, just to point out how much fans second-guess and critique the OC specifically, especially on Monday mornings.

You can't tell me you didn't think a lot of Beck's play calling was suspect.

T_O_B