GT: Nebraska at Penn State - 3PM - ESPNU

Get an assistant that knows how to run a good offense next season

Tim Beck?

Well, at least we'd know we wouldn't see the same s#!^ each game. Would definitely try something different, whether what we were doing was working or not.

Ha! Sooo true!

Miles has a very good philosophy on coaching...defense...defense...defense.

The problem is...that is every coaches philosophy in the Big Ten

That means you better also be really really good at offense and adjustments.

Get an assistant that knows how to run a good offense next season

Tim Beck?

Well, at least we'd know we wouldn't see the same s#!^ each game. Would definitely try something different, whether what we were doing was working or not.

Ha! Sooo true!

Miles has a very good philosophy on coaching...defense...defense...defense.

The problem is...that is every coaches philosophy in the Big Ten

That means you better also be really really good at offense and adjustments.

Watch some Colorado St. film. Miles offense relies on individuals who can handle the ball & score. Other than Petteway Shields & Smith, there is no one else. Wesbter can handle ball, but his offense needs improvement, Pitchford needs to go to the basket more, Fisher can shoot, but lacks confidence & Benny does not even handle the ball on a press. Even though Ray Ray had a bad shooting year as a Sr., the threat was there. This year is more about personnel than any thing else.

After listening to Miles after the game yesterday, I am really curious what the BB IQ is of some of the guys on this team. I do not think Benny understands what to do when he does not have the ball & It appears the Petteway takes the point when Benny is in the game. Rivers also seems lost on offense and is not a treat to shot. My only complaint is if guys are not producing, then play players that are.

So is the low basketball IQ a product of coaching or bad players?

For the football team we were told over and over that turnovers and penalties were a product of the coaching...or the lack of coaching.

Which do you see it as? I think you give good basketball insight so that is why I am asking.

Football or Basketball, you can not coach IQ to some players. Like anything else in life, some people do not have it up stairs. As fair as penalties, it could be coaching or intelligence. But it is the coaches job to put the right players on the court/field.

Really, again 2 players are trying to win the games by themselves. And again we were lucky last year. If you think we have a chance to go to the DANCE, you are drinking too much Red cool-aid. Same responses every time we lose. Relax and give Miles a chance to build his team. I will agree that Benny & Rivers should not be starting. Smith & Webster (he has earned a start).

^^This. I just don't understand all the crap petteway has been getting on this board. Sure he is not playing as well as last year but he is on a two man team. Pitchford is just killing us. Missing his 10-12 points from last year and having him stretch the floor in my opinion has been one of the biggest reasons for our struggles. Hopefully we finish the season strong.

I wonder how the season would be if Pitchford could be consistently making threes.

I wonder how the season would be if Pitchford could be consistently making threes.

It would help. And there are so many variables that it's hard to say for sure. But he is shooting about as many as last year (6.9 vs. 7.1) but making 0.7 less (2.6 vs. 3.3) per game. So that's basically 2 points per game. Not sure it would make a lot of difference.