GT: Nebraska at Penn State - 3PM - ESPNU

I wonder how the season would be if Pitchford could be consistently making threes.

It would help. And there are so many variables that it's hard to say for sure. But he is shooting about as many as last year (6.9 vs. 7.1) but making 0.7 less (2.6 vs. 3.3) per game. So that's basically 2 points per game. Not sure it would make a lot of difference.

That is a very surprising stat......!

We all seem to have this mental image that he is nowhere close to last year.

If only the NCAA would institute a rule change that scored you 1 point for hitting the front of the rim..............he would be an all-American........

I wonder how the season would be if Pitchford could be consistently making threes.

It would help. And there are so many variables that it's hard to say for sure. But he is shooting about as many as last year (6.9 vs. 7.1) but making 0.7 less (2.6 vs. 3.3) per game. So that's basically 2 points per game. Not sure it would make a lot of difference.

That is a very surprising stat......!

We all seem to have this mental image that he is nowhere close to last year.

If only the NCAA would institute a rule change that scored you 1 point for hitting the front of the rim..............he would be an all-American........

Actually, I screwed that up. Those are his numbers from the floor. From three, he actually shooting more (4.3 vs. 3.7) but making less (1.3 vs. 1.5). So it's actually less than one point per game different from three. But it feels a lot different because he was an above-average shooter last year (41%) and below-average this year (29%). Overall, he is down just over 2 ppg (not getting to the line as much and shooting worse there as well). But like I said, there might be other variables such as opponents being able to sag off him more which reduces driving lanes, etc.