AR Ammo/Internet neutrality

Looks like President Obama is taking away some ammo combinations for America's beloved AR-15, by executive order. He always said he would not ban the gun... Now this net neutrality crap, the government taking control of the internet and one will need to get a license to have a web site. It will probably be as easy as getting 501C Status from the IRS if you have an opposing opinion as the current administration.

I love it. Especially, when we are all able to go back and read the differing view points on this current president... lots of lefties telling the righties "you have nothing to fear".

I really don't understand it but I asked my IT mgr here at work - he says its a good thing overall. He says it will help our global network and keep cost down.

And it prevents companies from holding traffic hostage (see Netflix and Verizon) and requires them to make with necessary updates and expansion (see Verizon again, who is posting profits at the expense of infrastructure updates).

Now, if they would take the next step and force FttP for everyone, and get the nation off of damn copper pairs.

I really don't understand it but I asked my IT mgr here at work - he says its a good thing overall. He says it will help our global network and keep cost down.

And it prevents companies from holding traffic hostage (see Netflix and Verizon) and requires them to make with necessary updates and expansion (see Verizon again, who is posting profits at the expense of infrastructure updates).

Now, if they would take the next step and force FttP for everyone, and get the nation off of damn copper pairs.

Investing in infrastructure has never been this country's strong point.

Investing in infrastructure has never been this country's strong point.

Nope, because the telecom companies don't want to lay anything for ma and pa kettle in the farmlands...I remember my grandmothers telling me what a fight it was to get electric companies to wire their homes out in western Nebraska...

Fairly self-explanatory. Densely populated areas get upgrades much sooner than areas of sparse population. The cost/recoup ratio is greater in any large metropolitan area than say....12 ranchers west of Stuart, Ne. just for an example. I know capitalism isn't fair. :espnsucks:

Fairly self-explanatory. Densely populated areas get upgrades much sooner than areas of sparse population. The cost/recoup ratio is greater in any large metropolitan area than say....12 ranchers west of Stuart, Ne. just for an example. I know capitalism isn't fair. :espnsucks:

That's also why unabated capitalism doesn't work and we don't live a completely capitalistic society. Thank god.

• Fire 1

Looks like President Obama is taking away some ammo combinations for America's beloved AR-15, by executive order. He always said he would not ban the gun... Now this net neutrality crap, the government taking control of the internet and one will need to get a license to have a web site. It will probably be as easy as getting 501C Status from the IRS if you have an opposing opinion as the current administration.

I love it. Especially, when we are all able to go back and read the differing view points on this current president... lots of lefties telling the righties "you have nothing to fear".

what the hell is this

Are you a birther?

As a gun guy, The ammo thing is stupid. No reason for the ban.

As a tech guy, the Net Neutrality thing is something that absolutely must happen if you don't want to get screwed as a consumer.

Watch this, and get informed:

• Fire 5