Last time I checked, nobody knew about the Nebraska suspensions because they weren't involved in a brawl on national television. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bronco has maintained all along that players would be disciplined which may or may not include suspension for their involvement. Everyone assumes automatic suspensions. Why?

Because it was an ugly brawl that tarnished the brand of a school that prides itself on doing things the right way.

The Miami Hurricanes suspended 13 players in the aftermath of their 2006 brawl with FIU, a fight which was nearly identical to the one BYU engaged in. BYU prides itself on its morals, being better than the next guy, and upholding their stringent Honor Code.

But all of that means nothing if actual punishments aren't involved. Suspending one player, Nacau, for that fight would be a joke. It would say to college football that BYU's self-policing policies are less stringent than a school that pridefully calls itself "Thug U."

Haha. Please. Give me the names (I'll take the numbers since I don't expect you to be familiar) of the players who should be suspended and why.

Comparing this fight to the Miami fight is silly. Aside from being bench clearing and Memphis swinging helmets and kicking BYU players they were nothing alike. There were no crutches being swung.

And why are you arguing some holier than thou position? Just because BYU has an honor code? Trust me, it doesn't make anybody high and mighty.

Last time I checked, nobody knew about the Nebraska suspensions because they weren't involved in a brawl on national television. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bronco has maintained all along that players would be disciplined which may or may not include suspension for their involvement. Everyone assumes automatic suspensions. Why?

Because it was an ugly brawl that tarnished the brand of a school that prides itself on doing things the right way.

The Miami Hurricanes suspended 13 players in the aftermath of their 2006 brawl with FIU, a fight which was nearly identical to the one BYU engaged in. BYU prides itself on its morals, being better than the next guy, and upholding their stringent Honor Code.

But all of that means nothing if actual punishments aren't involved. Suspending one player, Nacau, for that fight would be a joke. It would say to college football that BYU's self-policing policies are less stringent than a school that pridefully calls itself "Thug U."

Exactly. You can get kicked out of school for sleeping with a co-ed. But if you get in a brawl on national TV, no big deal. Just do some extra running over the summer.

You generally don't get kicked out of school for sleeping with a co-ed.

Just make the guys in the fight do some up/downs and call it a day. #Sark

I've heard that sentiment from BYU Fan over the past month. Engage in an ugly brawl, throw haymakers on national TV, do some calisthenics & call it good.

Except, if that's your ceiling punishment, where's your basement? Lose three fumbles in a game, you have to write on the chalkboard 10 times? False start three times, you have to look at the stadium steps & think about what running them would be like? Violate team rules, you get a stern glance from an Athletic Trainer?

BYU Fan thinking this can be swept under the rug by running some laps is delusional. But, to listen to them talk about this fight, they think their guys were all the victims, that none of them actually participated in the brawl.

We're Mormons who believe in the atonement of Christ, saved by his grace, mercy satisfying the demands of justice. I'm sorry that bothers you so much Inspector Javert.

Err....

Brandon Davies was dismissed from BYU's basketball team after he admitted to having sexual relations in violation of the school's honor code, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Wednesday.

Sorry dude. He was dismissed from the team, not school. He actually withdrew from school voluntarily. He was never expelled. This also was a second incident which resulted in a child. So it was a bit more complicated than playing just the tip.

I will legit not be surprised if we go .500 next year, including an opening-day loss to BYU. Everything is up in the air. We have no idea what Riley is going to be able to do with this team.

BYU is going to come into this game with a huge chip on their shoulders, playing for their suspended teammates, all fired up to beat Nebraska in Lincoln & break that winning streak. They'll be running the same system they've always run, with players recruited to run that system, and they'll have their big-game quarterback.

Meanwhile, we're breaking in a new system, we got nothing to prove against a mid-level team like BYU, and we're going to be trying to figure out how to replace a super-stud RB.

If we win it'll be a testament to our better athletes, or Riley & Co. being damned good coaches, or BYU just having a bad game or bad breaks in the game.

Do you think that Riley having played BYU when he coached at Oregon St. gives us a bit of an edge? I'm more concerned that we have healthy players ready for our first game. Every time I open the paper or turn on the news we hear of another player who is out for weeks because of injuries they suffered during practice. Blah! I'm hoping for a Husker win but this is NOT going to be a walk in the park for us.

Forgive me as a BYU fan that I'll talk football and not how powerful we are, or about suspensions or anything else but you have an excellent question. Having Riley coaching, because he has faced BYU and coach Mendenhall 3 times may help some but there's also the reverse side to that. BYU has faced Riley coached teams 3 times as well and will have as much of a feeling of how he likes to game plan as he'll know about BYU. One advantage that might be in BYU's favor will be that when he was coaching at Oregon State he had his own recruits playing in his system and had been in it for up to 5 years counting redshirts. He'll be coaching players now that he had no hand in recruiting and he'll be teaching a different system than these players were brought in for.

I believe that NU has the advantage in player athleticism, strength, and speed overall. Sometimes that's enough to beat a team but sometimes it isn't about just the athleticism but about the team chemistry, the trust between team mates and coaches and the comfort in knowing and being comfortable in the offense and defense.

As a BYU fan, I'd love to say we'll win 35-14 but as a realist I'd say the score is going to be much closer, like 21-17 and I have no idea who will be finishing with a 'W'. I hope both teams play well, and that no player for either team is injured.

Just make the guys in the fight do some up/downs and call it a day. #Sark

I've heard that sentiment from BYU Fan over the past month. Engage in an ugly brawl, throw haymakers on national TV, do some calisthenics & call it good.

Except, if that's your ceiling punishment, where's your basement? Lose three fumbles in a game, you have to write on the chalkboard 10 times? False start three times, you have to look at the stadium steps & think about what running them would be like? Violate team rules, you get a stern glance from an Athletic Trainer?

BYU Fan thinking this can be swept under the rug by running some laps is delusional. But, to listen to them talk about this fight, they think their guys were all the victims, that none of them actually participated in the brawl.

We're Mormons who believe in the atonement of Christ, saved by his grace, mercy satisfying the demands of justice. I'm sorry that bothers you so much Inspector Javert.

We aren't talking about your eternal soul, we're talking about football. Focus.

I have been a fan of the mighty Nebraska Cornhuskers since I was a kid. Unfortunately I am more of a BYU fan. I am coming up for the game and wanted to know how I can truly enjoy the best that Husker fandom has to offer? I have been on your campus many times recruiting and have always wanted to attend a game in that beautiful stadium.

BYU tailgating is awful for obvious reasons and seeing that I live in SEC and Big 12 country I have become a fan of true tailgating and soaking up the other teams traditions and culture.

Any assistance would be great. Will I be welcome in the tailgating areas wearing my BYU gear? Where is the best area to go for tailgating? When does the team walk in so I can cheer for your boys before the game? Anything I should be aware of during the game? Anything you recommend after the game?

Because that's the standard that's been established by most universities across the nation? I mean, if you guys wanna go all SEC, then whatevs.