Langsdorf Using Helmet Radios Communication to Call Plays in Practice

Didn't they pass a rule change this year to allow QB/OC communication on the field?

It was talked-about but not implemented (that I know of).

It didnt clear the first vote. It shows up every couple of years, and gets defeated. If it happens at this point it will come through the autonomy group.

I think the terminology is sloppy here. Listening to Riley's presser, he called them microphones but explained that it's a way for Langsdorf to call the plays without having to be right next to the QBs. So it's the same system the NFL uses - speakers, not microphones in the helmets.

Riley said he's never used it before. I would guess Langsdorf brought the idea from the NFL.

I think the terminology is sloppy here. Listening to Riley's presser, he called them microphones but explained that it's a way for Langsdorf to call the plays without having to be right next to the QBs. So it's the same system the NFL uses - speakers, not microphones in the helmets.

Riley said he's never used it before. I would guess Langsdorf brought the idea from the NFL.

Thanks that makes more sense. Seems like a good idea too. Kudos to Langsdorf