Sipple: Mismanaged by previous staff, Banderas gets fresh start

Yeah, that's a good article. It lists the two main reasons Pelini got fired:

Wisconsin gouged Nebraska for 59 points and 581 rushing yards

it was too late to reverse some of the habits and stagnation that ultimately led to his ouster.

And explains why Pelini took the Youngstown State job

Pelini will be paid $150,000 a month by Nebraska through February 2019

In other words, Pelini couldn't get the job done at Nebraska, and did not represent the values of state. But rather than go out and land a respectable coaching position Pelini is content to live off a generous stipend from the taxpayers of Nebraska for the next four years. Real high character guy that Pelini. :facepalm:

/ end threadjack. The article is about Banderas getting a fresh start.

• Fire 1

Yeah, that's a good article. It lists the two main reasons Pelini got fired:

Wisconsin gouged Nebraska for 59 points and 581 rushing yards

it was too late to reverse some of the habits and stagnation that ultimately led to his ouster.

And explains why Pelini took the Youngstown State job

Pelini will be paid $150,000 a month by Nebraska through February 2019

In other words, Pelini couldn't get the job done at Nebraska, and did not represent the values of state. But rather than go out and land a respectable coaching position Pelini is content to live off a generous stipend from the taxpayers of Nebraska for the next four years. Real high character guy that Pelini. :facepalm:

/ end threadjack. The article is about Banderas getting a fresh start.

really, let it go dude...........who gives a sh#t now?

Yeah Banderas isn't the only one getting the fresh start, the way it sounds. Reading some of the quotes from other players was sad. They are locked here (if they want to play) after their sophomore year and really redshirt freshman year. Banderas and Jackson are two with a lot of potential and it is amazing that they weren't given the chance to succeed by a coach making the amount of money Pelini did. I am sure there are way more in Pelini's baggage. I feel like a dumbass for supporting him as long as I did, but oh well it is just entertainment time for me. I am surprised how excited the players sound compared to when pelini was fired. That was a quick turn around, and that has to say something to the people (unbelievably) still support his dumb ass. I know it doesn't pertain but I definitely have to hear the whole story on why Ganz contacted Bo about a position if it was curiosity or sinsere, but the fact that he hasn't heard anything from him yet is kind of strange also, but whatever.

Banderas and Jackson are two with a lot of potential and it is amazing that they weren't given the chance to succeed by a coach making the amount of money Pelini did.

Banderas had plenty of chances. He didn't exactly wow anybody during the first part of the season.

Lavonte David seems to have survived his brush with Pelini okay, if I recall.

Banderas and Jackson are two with a lot of potential and it is amazing that they weren't given the chance to succeed by a coach making the amount of money Pelini did.

Banderas had plenty of chances. He didn't exactly wow anybody during the first part of the season.

Lavonte David seems to have survived his brush with Pelini okay, if I recall.

Looking at the overall performance of the linebackers in 7 years under Pelini, would you note David as the norm for his incredible play? Or Banderas for his poor play?

And with that answer, if youre honest about it, you'll discover whether it's about coaching or the players.

If Compton and Fisher dont get hurt fall camp of 2010, we NEVER know who LaVonte David even is.

Looking at the o

verall performance of the linebackers in 7 years under Pelini, would you note David as the norm for his incredible play? Or Banderas for his poor play?

And with that answer, if youre honest about it, you'll discover whether it's about coaching or the players

I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here. My point is that if a player has talent and gets on the field, then he will shine.

Is that what you are saying?

Looking at the o

verall performance of the linebackers in 7 years under Pelini, would you note David as the norm for his incredible play? Or Banderas for his poor play?

And with that answer, if youre honest about it, you'll discover whether it's about coaching or the players

I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here. My point is that if a player has talent and gets on the field, then he will shine.

Is that what you are saying?

You insinuate that what we saw with David should be the norm. Players shining despite being outside a comfort zone in terms of scheme. Not to mention, David was playing rogue football 90% of the time. Doing his thing cuz he had to. And you saw the effects of his departure. LaVonte David was not the norm. And Banderas's struggles are not an indictment of his talent and athletic ability. How it this known? Cuz he's not even close to the only one on the defense that past few years that's had similar issues, individually and as a whole unit. So the point I'm making is, I put it on the coaches more, not the players. As a coach, it's your job to identify talent that fits what you want to do, and if what you want to wont attract the necessary talent and IQ to compete at the level we demand, than you have to adjust what you want to do in order to do so. You have to devise schemes and plans that allow for the best players on the roster to be on the field and in the best possible position to succeed. With Bo, it was his way or the highway, and there's been some pretty talented guys come through here and not get their chance cuz "they couldnt get it".

If Compton and Fisher dont get hurt fall camp of 2010, we NEVER know who LaVonte David even is.

That is an awful lot of speculation.

I'm sorry you never got to say goodbye to Bo. Must be hard to live without the closure.

Bo was pissed at LaVonte often, because he wouldn't line up and play his game.......but David was so good he could get out of position and still make the play.

That is an awful lot of speculation.

I'm sorry you never got to say goodbye to Bo. Must be hard to live without the closure.

Maybe you weren't paying attention when then named the All Big Ten teams. Compton and Fisher were Academic All-Big Ten players. LaVonte was on the All Big Ten FOOTBALL team. :lol: