South Alabama game

Thanks again for your replies. I have a few more questions for you guys:

What time does the band play and cheerleaders come to Misty's Friday night?

Where is the main tailgating area around the stadium?

Is the Champions Club open only to alums? It looks like a cool place to hang out before the game

Where do the students tailgate?

Do the fraternities host parties before the games? At Alabama the fraternity houses will have live music, bar and food before the games. Greek scene is huge at Bama

Being the Big Ten Network's Prime Time game, will the BTN have a "Game day" type set up on campus? Do any Lincoln news stations have any "Game day" type sets on campus?

We also switched our reservation to the Marriott Courtyard downtown to be closer to the stadium, bars, campus. etc. It looks like a great place to stay on game weekends.

Not sure about the Misty's thing

Lot 7 is a big tailgate scene and you can also check Blur Parties and get tickets for a tailgate, 40 dollars, all you can eat/drink

Students are usually at the North Bottoms

Frats might put on a little something but nothing big, the frat system has become pretty sterile and regulated which sucks. If you want to see some of the frats and stuff hit R street!! 1515 R!!! Right ColoradoHusker!!!

You might be able to find Champions Passes on craigslist, 30-40 dollars or so, I would check that.

Not sure about a Game Day type of set up, last time I remember that being there it was in front of the stadium.

Fun bars: The Bar The Bar, Sandy's (Elk Creek water) Barry's and the entire Rail Yard area. You can google that and see what it is like.

Your hatred for Misty's is strong.

I like the food but I just can't imagine wasting your time there on Friday night.

It's not really wasting your time there. I think it's a matter of taking a couple hours to go enjoy some great food, have a few drinks, and relax. Not everyone is out there to try and score beave.

Of course, with your ADD, you can't sit at some place for my than an hour anyway.

I like the food but I just can't imagine wasting your time there on Friday night.

Where would you eat on a Friday night that's got good atmosphere, cold beer and hot women? And preferably walking distance from the Courtyard? Thanks

There are a number of restaurants in the Haymarket area near the basketball arena. A lot of them are "chain" type places though. I really like Lazlo's, which has been in Lincoln for around 20 years. They have really good food and brew their own beers.

Where would you eat on a Friday night that's got good atmosphere, cold beer and hot women? And preferably walking distance from the Courtyard? Thanks

Well, look here ColoradoHusker...our South Bama friend would like to see some beave...and not be sitting with old people and young kids!

I would hit the Rail Yard on Friday night for food. They have Gate 25 and a Mellow Mushroom and Wings and Rings (I think) much more sports, younger crowd, you can drink outside in the huge courtyard.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRailyardLincoln

• Fire 1

Well, look here ColoradoHusker...our South Bama friend would like to see some beave...and not be sitting with old people and young kids!

I would hit the Rail Yard on Friday night for food. They have Gate 25 and a Mellow Mushroom and Wings and Rings (I think) much more sports, younger crowd, you can drink outside in the huge courtyard.

Haha thanks guys. All ideas are appreciated. Definitely not a shortage of things to do/see. Beave, history, steak, old people, college football it's all good!

Haha thanks guys. All ideas are appreciated. Definitely not a shortage of things to do/see. Beave, history, steak, old people, college football it's all good!

Honestly, a lot of it depends on how old you are.

If you are in your 20's, then hanging out at a place like Misty's may not be the best for you. You would fit in ok at the O Street bars on Friday night, and all the bars have a big age range on Saturday before the game.

If you are 30+, you will feel really old on O Street on Friday night.

As Teach said, the frats don't do anything big on gamedays, because the University hates alcohol use on campus. The tailgate areas around the stadium will have good crowds of all ages, but the kids tend to party at the North Bottoms area, which is pretty far from the downtown hotels.

I mean, if you are looking for the beaviest place, that is probably the North Bottoms but they would sniff a narc out like me in no time.

Game Day, like Beave Nazi Errrr I mean Fun Hater errr..sorry I mean ColoradoHusker said is basically all ages out and about at all the bars.

My advice, get Bar ADD and hit as many as you can and when you find one you really like...stick around the place for a bit and enjoy it!

I am old and basically falling apart but I will be hitting The Bar The Bar, Rail, Sandy's, Embassy, Cliffs, Iguanas and Barry's. That is assuming they let me bring my O2 tank and seeing eye dog and wheel chair.