South Alabama game

It's like when people said to go to Sidetracks...the worst and lamest place ever. But at least Misty's does have great food

When I travel- Im looking for something different

Something I wont see at home- unique and of course good local food- not Applebees, Wings etc

So for my specific needs, going to another crowded sports bar, dive bar, whatever- isnt of any interest

Im guessing a genuine NU experience with the band/cheerleaders and all the NU nostalgia, NU crowd participation isnt something the visitor can get at home

OTOH if his goal is different- to see how drunk he can get- how many beers can he drink contest type stuff to brag about how drunk they got or how hungover they got- that some young kids are into- then Mistys probably is a waste of his time- and the drive wouldnt be the way to go. We all have different interests

• Fire 1

It's like when people said to go to Sidetracks...the worst and lamest place ever. But at least Misty's does have great food

Something I wont see at home- unique and of course good local food- not Applebees, Wings etc

So for my specific needs, going to another crowded sports bar, dive bar, whatever- isnt of any interest

Im guessing a genuine NU experience with the band/cheerleaders and all the NU nostalgia, NU crowd participation isnt something the visitor can get at home

OTOH if his goal is different- to see how drunk he can get- how many beers can he drink contest type stuff to brag about how drunk they got or how hungover they got- that some young kids are into- then Mistys probably is a waste of his time- and the drive wouldnt be the way to go. We all have different interests

Misty's is good, it has the feel of the old steak house that Omaha and Lincoln used to be famous for. It is a dying breed. Sidetracks used to be a lot of fun, but it got too bid and the players got too old. Twenty years ago it was great. Barry's I have always felt was way over rated. Heck I like to go to the The Dock behind the Embassy Suites. It a lot of fun before games. They usually have a fun band performing.

USA Jags if you really want to experience Nebraska go walk through the tailgate areas in your S. Alabama gear. You will most likely, sorry got called away, get asked to stop, have a beer and something to eat. I really doubt you will here someone tell you to F#ck off. This isn't Colorado or Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

Misty's is good, it has the feel of the old steak house that Omaha and Lincoln used to be famous for. It is a dying breed. Sidetracks used to be a lot of fun, but it got too bid and the players got too old. Twenty years ago it was great. Barry's I have always felt was way over rated. Heck I like to go to the The Dock behind the Embassy Suites. It a lot of fun before games. They usually have a fun band performing.

USA Jags if you really want to experience Nebraska go walk through the tailgate areas in your S. Alabama gear. You will most likely

Wait for it.........................................wait for it...............................................................................

• Fire 1

USA Jags if you really want to experience Nebraska go walk through the tailgate areas in your S. Alabama gear. You will most likely

Wait for it.........................................wait for it...............................................................................

d70.gif

• Fire 1

get propositioned by several large, hairy men in leather biker gear. I'm not sure what happens after that.

Just kidding. I'll let NUinID finish that sentence.

Well outta south Alabama came a country boy
He say I'm lookin' for a man named Jim
I am a pool-shootin' boy
My name Willie McCoy
But down home they call me slim

I sure hope this group of Willie McCoy's aren't a potent as "Slim"....

(For anyone under 45 years of age, this references the Jim Croce song "Don't mess around with Jim")

Well outta south Alabama came a country boy[/size]He say I'm lookin' for a man named Jim[/size]I am a pool-shootin' boy[/size]My name Willie McCoy[/size]But down home they call me slim[/size]

I sure hope this group of Willie McCoy's aren't a potent as "Slim"....[/size]

(For anyone under 45 years of age, this references the Jim Croce song "Don't mess around with Jim")

Us 20 somethings know not to tug on Superman's cape, or spit into the wind.
  • Fire 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for your replies. I have a few more questions for you guys:

What time does the band play and cheerleaders come to Misty's Friday night?

Where is the main tailgating area around the stadium?

What's the open container law in Lincoln during game weekends?

Is the Champions Club open only to alums? It looks like a cool place to hang out before the game

Where do the students tailgate?

Do the fraternities host parties before the games? At Alabama the fraternity houses will have live music, bar and food before the games. Greek scene is huge at Bama

Being the Big Ten Network's Prime Time game, will the BTN have a "Game day" type set up on campus? Do any Lincoln news stations have any "Game day" type sets on campus?

We also switched our reservation to the Marriott Courtyard downtown to be closer to the stadium, bars, campus. etc. It looks like a great place to stay on game weekends.

Thanks again for your replies. I have a few more questions for you guys:

What time does the band play and cheerleaders come to Misty's Friday night?

Where is the main tailgating area around the stadium?

Is the Champions Club open only to alums? It looks like a cool place to hang out before the game

Where do the students tailgate?

Do the fraternities host parties before the games? At Alabama the fraternity houses will have live music, bar and food before the games. Greek scene is huge at Bama

Being the Big Ten Network's Prime Time game, will the BTN have a "Game day" type set up on campus? Do any Lincoln news stations have any "Game day" type sets on campus?

We also switched our reservation to the Marriott Courtyard downtown to be closer to the stadium, bars, campus. etc. It looks like a great place to stay on game weekends.

Not sure about the Misty's thing

Lot 7 is a big tailgate scene and you can also check Blur Parties and get tickets for a tailgate, 40 dollars, all you can eat/drink

Students are usually at the North Bottoms

Frats might put on a little something but nothing big, the frat system has become pretty sterile and regulated which sucks. If you want to see some of the frats and stuff hit R street!! 1515 R!!! Right ColoradoHusker!!!

You might be able to find Champions Passes on craigslist, 30-40 dollars or so, I would check that.

Not sure about a Game Day type of set up, last time I remember that being there it was in front of the stadium.

Fun bars: The Bar The Bar, Sandy's (Elk Creek water) Barry's and the entire Rail Yard area. You can google that and see what it is like.

• Fire 1