South Alabama game

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest some good Friday afternoon downtown bars? Fun atmosphere, visitor friendly, happy hour...

I'm trying to find a place where a large group of South Alabama fans can hang out Friday afternoon and socialize with other Husker fans. Would like walking distance from Cornhusker Marriott

Any help would be appreciated

Can anyone suggest some good Friday afternoon downtown bars? Fun atmosphere, visitor friendly, happy hour...

I'm trying to find a place where a large group of South Alabama fans can hang out Friday afternoon and socialize with other Husker fans. Would like walking distance from Cornhusker Marriott

Any help would be appreciated

Everywhere in Lincoln is visitor friendly - it's one of the things the locals pride themselves on. It's been a while since I've been out and about in Lincoln, but the Haymarket area was always a good time.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys suggest eating at Misty's Friday night before the game? I hear it's a fun Nebraska tradition.

If so, which Misty's is better? Do I need to make reservations? Thanks for you help!

I would skip that. But that's just me.

Teach doesn't have time for a good dinner. He needs to get more SharkWaters in his belly.

Do you guys suggest eating at Misty's Friday night before the game? I hear it's a fun Nebraska tradition.

If so, which Misty's is better? Do I need to make reservations? Thanks for you help!

Hello

It depends on what you like

For me- it would be the #1 thing on the list, nothing close in 2nd place

Almost all in restaurant NU fans in red. Families, kids, old men, middle aged people, some young singles all out for a good time. Doesn't matter your age- unless youre a young 20 something single maybe- with a goal of getting drunk- chasing women- Mistys not a good choice if that's your thing.

No drunks and rowdies, just people having fun in a place loaded with NU memorabilia from the 60s, 70s, 80s etc, Something time forgot

The NU band comes in and does a couple of sets in a designated area, everyone really gets into it, stands sings etc

Ive taken lots of out of town guests to it, and they all raved about it. One of my buddies sons got his pic taken with a bunch of cheerleaders.

Go to the Havelock location- the downtown one, doesn't have the atmosphere, not even close

On top of it, you will get a great meal. Mistys is a long time legend for a reason, food is always fantastic- Nebraska steaks.

You aren't going to get that by going to some bar in Haymarket or Railyard.

They don't take reservations on that night, but they have a huge bar and Ive never had a problem getting a table, after getting a couple of drinks and an appetizer in the bar. Service is always great too- lots of older wait staff who have been there forever. No 16 year old kid hostess taking 15 minutes to figure out if there is a table open and having you wander around the restaurant stuff. Good experience.

• Fire 1