McKewon Sees Rough Start for B1G

Mavric

>> The opening weekend could be ... rough for the Big Ten. I mean, man, like rough.

>> TCU will beat the Jerry Kills.

>> Utah beats Michigan.

>> 'Bama beats Badgers.

>> Stanford almost certainly beats Northwestern.

>> Ohio State plays at Virginia Tech on Labor Day. Of course it won't be easy. The Hokies beat the Buckeyes last year.

>> Nebraska will have its hands full with BYU.

>> Purdue plays at Marshall, which might as well be a pick 'em.

>> Penn State plays at Temple. OK, that's probably a Nittany Lion win.

>> Michigan State wins at Western Michigan, but WMU's pretty salty for a MAC team.

>> Illinois beats Kent State, I guess.

>> Iowa hosts Illinois State, a top-10 FCS team with a much better quarterback (Tre Roberson).

>> Rutgers beats Norfolk State, obviously.

>> Indiana beats Southern Illinois.

>> Maryland beats Richmond.

There's a potential — not likely, but possible — for a 7-7 opening weekend. Which would kill the Big Ten's vibe from the end of last season.

Link

• 2 weeks later...

TCU and Alabama losses are expected let's just home the scores are close. OSU should wood shed VT. B1G really needs Mich and Nebraska to hold serve and for the others to not lay an egg. I would take a 12-2 or even 10-4 (losses by Minn, Wisc, NW and one other).

I sorted them out as follows:

Wins

Ohio State plays at Virginia Tech OSU is going to absolutely kill Vtech. They will not be taken lightly and it's going to be no where close.

Nebraska vs. BYU.Could be a complete homer pick but Riley knows BYU and if he does what is said as not making huge changes on the O and playing to our player's strengths, I think we win by a couple TDs.

Penn State plays at Temple.

Michigan State at Western Michigan

Iowa hosts Illinois State I think Iowa handles them fairly easy.

Illinois beats Kent State,

Rutgers Vs. Norfolk State
Indiana vs. Southern Illinois.
Maryland vs. Richmond.

Toss ups

Utah could beat Michigan. I actually think Michigan wins this. I think the team is going to see an improvement with Harbaugh. I don't think he is a God like some people seem to think but he is a good coach. Still has to be a toss up but my money is on Michigan

Purdue at Marshall, Sorry Purdue, you are just that bad. I think you lose this one. Still a toss up but that's because I felt sorry for Purdue and wanted to give them hope.

Losses

TCU will beat the Jerry Kills.agree

'Bama beats Badgers.agree

Stanford almost certainly beats Northwestern.agree

My picks aren't that much different than the article. Just a couple tweaks. If this happens, the Big Ten won't take a big hit. We will still have OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and MSU winning. Other than Wisconsin who would have lost to Alabama, we have our top programs winning.

Yep, it could be a rough start. I would definitely say it is a possibility. Of course, it is also an opportunity to start very strong. Something tells me if the Big Ten wins those big games, it becomes a non-story pretty quickly. If they lose these games, it will obviously be an indication of how weak the conferene is right? That's how this works I think.......

• Fire 1

Mich hopefully will be better

Penn St is improving and finished with a bowl win

Nebraska actually looked good against USC and will improve.

Wisc may give Bama a game with Bama replacing a lot

Hopefully Minn is respectable against TCU

• 1 month later...