whats the chances

we all know we have a very good team coming back next season, but whats the chances we make it to the National Championship? we can only be better than this year, and with mnatt herian coming back, i think we can run the table. that doesnt mean we will, but we certainly can. so what do you think? what are our chances of taking home the 'ship.

Just a reminder. I know this is a stretch. Stoops won his title with a very similar team to ours. They came off of a 7-4 year , with a juco senior quarterback that was under the radar.

A team of potentially good players that blossomed as the year went on. I know apples and oranges but it proves that it is at least possible.

we all know we have a very good team coming back next season, but whats the chances we make it to the National Championship? we can only be better than this year, and with mnatt herian coming back, i think we can run the table. that doesnt mean we will, but we certainly can. so what do you think? what are our chances of taking home the 'ship.

million to one.

i agree i think nebraska could run the table..if they beat usc and texas..i think they would be able to beat OU. i look at it this way..do you think they will lose to anyother team other than usc and texas? i also think they have great chances in those games.. it may not seem like it could happen but with the momentum and all..and dont forget taylor showed great poise at QB and he will only get better and the receivers will be great for him..defense will be tops in the country..it is safe to say they have a chance at the national championship..but look for a bcs bowl

Just a reminder. I know this is a stretch. Stoops won his title with a very similar team to ours. They came off of a 7-4 year , with a juco senior quarterback that was under the radar.

A team of potentially good players that blossomed as the year went on. I know apples and oranges but it proves that it is at least possible.

Great Point. LSU came off a 9-3 season when they won the title a few years back as well. Penn St. almost made it to the promised land last year after having a couple 4 win seasons. I think the USC game will be a bench mark. If they win or if they play real close, I expect a Big 12 North Title and possibly a win over Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship. This is a big year for Callahan and Nebraska's schedule is relatively favorable(minus USC on the road). They play Texas, Colorado, and Missouri at home and they have 2 south teams(OK St. and A&M) that haven't exactly been world beaters on the road. KSU in a transition period on the road, and of course the showdown in Ames. The stars could align for next season, but I see the team stumbling a couple times, but still putting together a real solid season.

While I think that getting to the national title game is improbable, and that you shouldnt be disappointed in with a season that came out to less than that, where is the spirit boy!!!! I have seen numerous fair comparisons to teams that have been in much worse or similar shape to us. Instead of talking about why it wont happen, lets talk about how it could happen. Favorable scheduling in getting USC early transitioning to a new quarterback and having two star backs leaving early. Texas at Home, a possible match up with Oklahoma who we know we can be competitive with. Who's to say we can't do it. I know that the odds aren't good, but they are certainly better than a million to one!!!

I setting my hopes for a Big XII North championship first. Maybe a very slim chance at a BIG XII championship. This will be a good team, but I wish to at least see how the new recruits perform, and how the team starts the season. IMO, how they play against USC will foreshadow the season.

Wow, setting the bar rather high aren't we? A North title would be a fantastic accomplishment considering last year's results. Sure, beating CU was solid, and winning the Alamo Bowl was great against a big name team. But you gotta win the road games. If the O-Line comes around to give solid protection, and the secondary comes together, the North is in reach.