***Official 2015 NFL Discussion Thread***

GSG

Random thought just crossed my mind. QB's in the NFL.

Where have they all gone? Brees and Peyton seem to be aging out.

Romo, Roethlisberger, Luck are hurt.

Eli, Kaepernick, Cutler, Newton, Rivers are far from elite.

Brady and Rodgers are the only real consistencies.

The young QB's are so hit and miss that you don't really know if any of them are going to be legit.

What I'm getting at is within the next 5 years, we could really see QB play in the NFL fall off a very steep cliff. Andrew Luck may be the only legitimate QB left at that time if Rodgers is no longer playing. Am I crazy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, can't believe Indy beat Denver. I don't have a strong rooting interest here; I like both teams and both quarterbacks. I'm really happy for Luck, as he's had an embattled season, but I wanted Denver to continue their undefeated run. Peyton is a treasure.

Also can't believe the Packers lost. Man, Cam Newton is legit.

The Patriots had a crazy OL situation today. Cameron Fleming, a 4th rounder from last year who mostly run-blocked as a 3rd TE, whom they had released and recently promoted off their practice squad...recently was forced to step in and play RT. Well, today, he had to switch to LT after an in-game injury to one of their 6 dressed linemen. Now last year's starting center, Bryan Stork, just come off injury and asked to adjust to OG on the fly, gets moved over to play RT.

So you have:

4th round 2nd-year RT/TE from practice squad playing LT,

4th round rookie G playing LG

undrafted rookie C playing C

undrafted 3rd-year G playing RG

4th round 2nd-year C, coming off PUP, practicing at G, playing RT

Pretty wacky. Other random stuff: saw that Saints CB Brandon Browner lost it at a reporter after the game after overhearing an offensive question. Yeesh. Also caught a clip of a player where he was flagged for DPI. Seems almost too bad. He had grabbed some jersey, but it didn't really seem like he actually impeded the receiver in any way. The ball was right there and he made a good play on it to knock it away; otherwise the WR would have caught it. Much is being made of how much he's penalized but that one looks to be more on reputation than on the play.

Last thought, I hope Teddy Bridgewater is OK. Oh my god.