NFL.com: CFB Coordinators Ready to Be Head Coaches

8. Danny Langsdorf

Current job: Nebraska offensive coordinator
The skinny: Langsdorf is back with Mike Riley, his former boss at Oregon State, after one season as quarterback coach of the New York Giants. (Trust us: That one season as Eli Manning's quarterback coach will be mentioned frequently on the recruiting trail.) Langsdorf, who turns 43 in June, was Oregon State's offensive coordinator and quarterback coach from 2005-13, and was known for offenses that featured both prolific passing attacks and productive running backs. He will be expected to rev up Nebraska's passing attack, though whether he has a quarterback suited for his offense is a legitimate question. Langsdorf also spent three seasons with the New Orleans Saints (2002-04) as a quality control coach and an assistant wide receiver coach, and that NFL experience plus the good work he did at Oregon State will make him a sought-after commodity should Nebraska's offense hum along this fall.

1. Scott Frost

Current job: Oregon offensive coordinator
The skinny: Some thought that Frost might become a head coach after last season, but he remains in charge of the Ducks' high-flying offense. Frost, 40, began his college career at Stanford and started at QB for Nebraska in his final two seasons of college eligibility (1996-97). He played six seasons as a safety in the NFL and became a full-time college assistant in 2007 at FCS member Northern Iowa -- as a LB coach. He was UNI's co-defensive coordinator in 2008, then was hired at Oregon by Mike Bellotti to be WRs coach. He became Oregon's coordinator and QB coach in 2013, after Chip Kelly left to become coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. The offense has hummed along, and Frost is given a lot of credit for how well Marcus Mariota played the past two seasons. If Oregon's offense continues to produce big numbers, there's a good chance Frost will be implementing that offense elsewhere during the 2016 season as a head coach.

Link

Danny Langsdorf - Leaving the NFL to coach with his friend Mike at NU tells me that he will be around for a while until they 'win something' significant - conf championship, Rose Bowl and or a NC. You don't leave a high profile position ( I consider his position working as Eli's QB coach pretty significant - esp based on what he accomplished) in the NFL without a definite goal of accomplishing something significant. I think all of these new coaches, who worked hard in the restrictive confines of OSU, look at NU as their career defining opportunity. I think they are all hungry to prove their worth.

Scott Frost: If he ever comes 'back home' as HC, I think it will be many years down the road - 5 or 6 after MR retires or bombs out here. If Mike retires then Langsdorf would be set up for the position- assumping MR retired as a successful coach. If MR bombs then all of his coaches will be thrown to the wind and the path would be paved for Scott.

• Fire 1

The only place I want Scott Frost at other than Oregon, is Nebraska.

It would pain me to see him anywhere else.

I would be perfectly fine with Scott getting a few 2-3 years under his belt at a smaller school as HC. However, if he continues on the path he has been on I want him here in the future.