Top 10 most delusional sports fan bases

Oh come on guys, we deserve to be there, just read the posts from 5 years ago about how we would totally own the Big Ten

6 months ago about how great our head coach was, and only the OC and DC needed to go.

How Nebraska, Oregon and Alabama were the only 9 win teams ever year for yada yada.

Heck last year when Bozo had a few wins, most on this board were figuring how we would make the playoffs after a loss!

We can not see the forest for the trees most of the time.

We love our team, that is our job, but when you talk to people outside of the state of Nebraska, most think we are terribly over the top, considering we have not won a single thing since 1999. Let that sink in.

But things are going to get better!!!!

Oh come on man. We weren't the only ones that thought we would strut into the Big Ten. The nation thought that - SI even had a cover calling us the Big Ten's new bully.

6 months ago was after Pelini had already been fired, so unless you're talking about how we think Mike Riley is great, then....nope.

• Fire 3

Plus, there was plenty to be high about 5 years ago. The program was trending up, had one of the best defenses in the nation in '09 with plenty of returners, especially in the secondary. Then TMagic lights it up for first 6-7 games of season as the team climbs into top 10.

Also, all of those teams except Cleveland Browns have won a title in the last 20 years, give or take 1-2 years. As well as Arkansas football trending up too, hate to admit it, but they are on the cusp of being pretty good. Like others have said, it's a troll piece bad mouthing fanbases they don't like.

Oh come on guys, we deserve to be there, just read the posts from 5 years ago about how we would totally own the Big Ten

6 months ago about how great our head coach was, and only the OC and DC needed to go.

How Nebraska, Oregon and Alabama were the only 9 win teams ever year for yada yada.

Heck last year when Bozo had a few wins, most on this board were figuring how we would make the playoffs after a loss!

We love our team, that is our job, but when you talk to people outside of the state of Nebraska, most think we are terribly over the top, considering we have not won a single thing since 1999. Let that sink in.

I disagree

There are a few foam finger fans who don't get it

Supporting the team, that's great. But not being realistic about where we really are isn't healthy for the program.

They are in the minority

More here on this Board than in the general population

Most fans get it, are supportive of the team and program, but not predicting or talking about/ legitimately expecting 0-1-2 loss seasons every year. Especially not this year

Most fans are hopeful but also realistic and skeptical

Personally- I saw bad football being played from the start and had no thought or interest in NU making the playoff. NU was not in the same plain as the teams in the Final 4- there was zero chance that was a reality in 2014

Step 1 is learning how to not beat ourselves. Dominate the lesser teams. Lets do that this season, not get beat by the likes of Minnesota for the THIRD year in a row or an Iowa, play more fundamentally sound, mentally strong, be in the top 30 in turnover margin, play more competitively and build from there.

I agree with part of what you are saying, but I disagree with other parts. For instance, we weren't the only ones who thought we'd dominate the B1G when we joined. The B1G when we joined was almost at the bottom of the list of power conferences save the Big East. All of the top programs had significant problems at the time. Today, the B1G is probably in the top two for power conferences. Ohio State bringing in Urban Meyer and Michigan bringing in Harbaugh have changed a lot of peoples minds about the B1G.

I'd say the fanbase eight or nine months ago was 50/50 on Bo. There was a pretty even split amongst the Bolievers and the Boleavers. Had Bo not baited Eichorst into firing him, I was more than willing to give him a few more years. I still believe we are paying for mistakes in the past of not giving Solich more time. I would have thought the same with Bo had there not have been as much stuff come out that did. He had created a very toxic environment.

The nine win seasons are a fact. I don't know how there can be any rebuttal here. We did in fact win nine a year with only Oregon and Bama.

I would definitely agree that we're over the top at times. 2010 was very much one of those times. After the first half of that season, I found myself believing we were on our way for contending for a NC. Since then, I don't really think most have believed we were that close. I don't think very many people thought we had a legitimate chance of ever making the playoff. Yes, I do recall a thread or two devoted to it. However, I don't think most Nebraska fans thought it was a reality.