Big12 Expansion?

nic

So if the OU/KU thing is real, that's 16 - does the B1G stop at 16? If that happens b12 is severely weakened so what does Texas do? B1G will have to be attractive to them especially with marquee B12 teams on board which makes travel better. So if Texas comes I guess you need 3 more, right? I mean it's either 16 or 20, correct?

Grant of Rights. Basically its a way to kill expansion, but if a team wanted out badly enough they could do it, it would just end up costing them.

Though we don't know what that cost would be, since no one has challenged them yet, and potential damages would be hard for the conference being left to establish if their media contracts continue to pay the same amount, regardless of the number of teams.

The way i understood GOR was that the remaining teams of the conference would have to stay intact and then prove that there would be a loss of $ with a team leaving the conference.

But if several leave and the league dissolves, then there is no basis for the GOR

Big10 would take texas. They are aau, too. It would be funny to take UT, OU, AND KU and the set up a western office in Lincoln.

Considering the "Western" office is in Chicago, I don't think Lincoln has much of a shot.

But taking those 3 plus UConn on the East would be a total beast conference for football AND basketball

NO TEXAS!

ONLY OU!

There is nothing wrong with Texas if they can be reigned in. And the B1G is the conference that can do that.

I bet they would even part ways with LHN.

Let me stop you right there.

I will re-phrase. There is nothing wrong with adding Texas.

And I HATE Texas.

Nothing wrong with adding Texas?

What?

Have you learned nothing?

THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!

NO TEXAS!

ONLY OU!

There is nothing wrong with Texas if they can be reigned in. And the B1G is the conference that can do that.

And I HATE Texas.

What?

THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!

Have you not learned the B1G is different?

NO TEXAS!

ONLY OU!

And I HATE Texas.

What?

THEY CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!

Have you not learned the B1G is different?

Texas doesn't care

Chicago would be the central office. Lincoln the west...just thought it would be a funny slap in the face to Texas if they joined.

Please, no 8 team divisions if we go to 16. 4x4 pods. I want to play each other more not less.