Big12 Expansion?

nic

I think the KU invite is only a matter of time, hust hate to see the other spot get wasted on KSU. At least if OU was the other it would help balance out the strength of the divisions a bit.

Hey, if OU says no, we can always try for Notre Dame again lol.

I wonder if KU happens they look at UConn. Neither team is great in football but the basketball resume would be crazy. Plus the combined population of those 2 states is almost 7 million which is good for BTN.

I think the KU invite is only a matter of time, hust hate to see the other spot get wasted on KSU. At least if OU was the other it would help balance out the strength of the divisions a bit.

I wonder if KU happens they look at UConn. Neither team is great in football but the basketball resume would be crazy. Plus the combined population of those 2 states is almost 7 million which is good for BTN.

I could see it, but without an OU or Notre Dame to balance out the West division, it continues to take a hit in competitiveness.

I could see it, but without an OU or Notre Dame to balance out the West division, it continues to take a hit in competitiveness.

I wouldn't say that at all. UConn and KU are probably comparable in football and men's basketball. Women's basketball is a different story, of course. I think the competitive balance with regards to football would remain the same.

The Big Twenty Conference

WEST

Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma

NORTH

Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Wisconsin

CENTRAL

Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue

EAST

Maryland, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, West Virginia

• Fire 1

The Big Twenty Conference

WEST

Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma

NORTH

Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Wisconsin

CENTRAL

Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue

EAST

Maryland, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, West Virginia

5edcc96eeaedfc0e8a87df6ae3e27c9f.jpg

• Fire 1

I wouldn't say that at all. UConn and KU are probably comparable in football and men's basketball. Women's basketball is a different story, of course. I think the competitive balance with regards to football would remain the same.

What I mean is adding Uconm to the East gives them another scrappy team the heavies will routinely beat. Adding KU to the west adds another Purdue, and the West continues to get ridiculed for it's lackluster roster of teams.

Personally, I think the Big Ten West is better than the Big 12 North ever was top to bottom. I would just like to see KU get in along with an OU or ND to make it more stout.

I think the only way we ever see the pod format isnif we get to 20 teams. With 16 you can still play 7 division games and 2 rotating crossover games a season. At that point all the rivalries should be sectioned off accordingly.

Man I hope you are wrong. With 16 and nine game schedule Michigan would play NU every other year...they would play every out of pod team every other year.

That sounds a lot more fun to me.

West Virginia?

shudder_homer_small.jpg

They're not bad, but I mainly chose the Mountaineers because of Pitt. The Backyard Brawl is a cool rivalry that I think should be played annually.

no way West Virginia gets in. May as well take Cincy. Your 20 looked good if you get rid of the 'West' in West Virginia.

I think the only way we ever see the pod format isnif we get to 20 teams. With 16 you can still play 7 division games and 2 rotating crossover games a season. At that point all the rivalries should be sectioned off accordingly.

Man I hope you are wrong. With 16 and nine game schedule Michigan would play NU every other year...they would play every out of pod team every other year.

Yeah I would be in complete favor of the pod system to make more exciting matchups. It just poses a problem for championship games.

Just throwing this out there but what about trying to steal Kentucky?

Pod 1 - NU, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri

Pod 2 - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois

Pod 3 - Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana, Kentucky

Pod 4 - Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, Pitt, Boston College

Edited by Coach Power'T

Yeah I would be in complete favor of the pod system to make more exciting matchups. It just poses a problem for championship games.

I didn't realize it caused CG issues. I thought 2 pods basically form a 'division' and that just rotates from year to year. So NU would play their 3 pod teams, 4 teams from the 'divisional' pod and 2 from the 3rd pod in the other division. They would play no one from the 4th pod. You basically play everyone in your 'division' and two cross division games. Winner of each set of combined pods goes the CG. But maybe that violates some rule.