Big12 Expansion?

nic

Just throwing this out there but what about trying to steal Kentucky?

Pod 1 - NU, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri

Pod 2 - Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois

Pod 3 - Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Indiana, Kentucky

Pod 4 - Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland, Pitt, Boston College

I don't think Kentucky or BC would get in in either, although I like the BC idea. They have the AAU criteria to meet UNLESS you are a traditional power like OU or ND. That is why Uconn would be a tough sell. Kansas, MIssou and Pitt are all AAU. BC, OU and Kentucky are not. NU no longer is, but they were when they joined. Ironically they got voted out by just 2 votes and I think Michigan and Wiscy helped vote them out. Arrogant bastards. :-)

I think the only way we ever see the pod format isnif we get to 20 teams. With 16 you can still play 7 division games and 2 rotating crossover games a season. At that point all the rivalries should be sectioned off accordingly.

Man I hope you are wrong. With 16 and nine game schedule Michigan would play NU every other year...they would play every out of pod team every other year.

That sounds a lot more fun to me.

Yeah I would be in complete favor of the pod system to make more exciting matchups. It just poses a problem for championship games.

I didn't realize it caused CG issues. I thought 2 pods basically form a 'division' and that just rotates from year to year. So NU would play their 3 pod teams, 4 teams from the 'divisional' pod and 2 from the 3rd pod in the other division. They would play no one from the 4th pod. You basically play everyone in your 'division' and two cross division games. Winner of each set of combined pods goes the CG. But maybe that violates some rule.

No, that would work I think. Should look and see how the WAC did theirs when they used that pod system with 16 teams.

West Virginia?

shudder_homer_small.jpg

They're not bad, but I mainly chose the Mountaineers because of Pitt. The Backyard Brawl is a cool rivalry that I think should be played annually.

no way West Virginia gets in. May as well take Cincy. Your 20 looked good if you get rid of the 'West' in West Virginia.

They wouldn't take Cincy either because BTN is already in Ohio. This is the same reason Iowa State wouldn't get an invite either.

From Landthieves site. Kinda int resting

Just to document.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N789HU Norman to Chicago today and almost back now. it's Bob Moore's Auto Group, a fairly decent sponsor for OU medical and i believe we lease the majority of university vehicles

First flight to chicago in 4 months if that. , usually flies in the Southern US only two outliers are a trip to Omaha Nebraska in June and this Chicago trip.

• Fire 1

From Landthieves site. Kinda int resting

Just to document.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N789HU Norman to Chicago today and almost back now. it's Bob Moore's Auto Group, a fairly decent sponsor for OU medical and i believe we lease the majority of university vehicles

First flight to chicago in 4 months if that. , usually flies in the Southern US only two outliers are a trip to Omaha Nebraska in June and this Chicago trip.

cik4NV9.gif

West Virginia?

shudder_homer_small.jpg

They're not bad, but I mainly chose the Mountaineers because of Pitt. The Backyard Brawl is a cool rivalry that I think should be played annually.

no way West Virginia gets in. May as well take Cincy. Your 20 looked good if you get rid of the 'West' in West Virginia.

They wouldn't take Cincy either because BTN is already in Ohio. This is the same reason Iowa State wouldn't get an invite either.

Iowa State wouldn't get an invite even if Iowa wasn't in the Big Ten.

West Virginia?

shudder_homer_small.jpg

Iowa State wouldn't get an invite even if Iowa wasn't in the Big Ten.

They most likely wouldn't. I know people have brought it up in the past due to geographical convenience. I could see it happening only if the Big 12 dissolved and most of the teams went to other conferences to create 16 or 20 team conferences and Iowa State was left behind.

But the point I was trying to make was that Jim Delaney's thought process is pretty clear. Don't add schools where you already have BTN coverage unless it's a national draw (Notre Dame).

If OU doesn't get picked, the B1G should look at Louisville to go along with KU.

With Louisville settling into the ACC they might be a tough get, Kentucky would actually be easier since the SEC has no strict opt out rules.

My guess would be they go after Vanderbilt before Kentucky. For A.A.U. reasons.

If OU doesn't get picked, the B1G should look at Louisville to go along with KU.

I think L'ville is pretty far down the line, just not a big following and are not even the #1 team in Lville (UK is). It's gotta be OU/Kansas - makes too much sense assuming the suits can figure out the GOR thingy. And if OU/KU are in, UT only has 3 options:

1. Independent - not sure that is a smart move given the that 4 mega conferences will rule CFB. ND is going to get pressure to join, can already see that occurring.

2. B12 - B12 is dead or a gussied up CUSA with schools like Memphis, UCF, Cincy as potentials.

3. New Conference - UT wants in a like-minded academic conference so SEC is out. Also would never tuck tail follow A&M to their new home. ACC/PAC/B1G - all have pro's & cons but with OU, Kansas, Nebraska in the B1G the move to the B1G makes more sense. So the B1G needs OU/KU in place in order to convince UT.

If that happens, back up the Brinks trucks.

I think L'ville is pretty far down the line, just not a big following and are not even the #1 team in Lville (UK is). It's gotta be OU/Kansas - makes too much sense assuming the suits can figure out the GOR thingy. And if OU/KU are in, UT only has 3 options:

1. Independent - not sure that is a smart move given the that 4 mega conferences will rule CFB. ND is going to get pressure to join, can already see that occurring.

2. B12 - B12 is dead or a gussied up CUSA with schools like Memphis, UCF, Cincy as potentials.

3. New Conference - UT wants in a like-minded academic conference so SEC is out. Also would never tuck tail follow A&M to their new home. ACC/PAC/B1G - all have pro's & cons but with OU, Kansas, Nebraska in the B1G the move to the B1G makes more sense. So the B1G needs OU/KU in place in order to convince UT.

If that happens, back up the Brinks trucks.

You do realize that the first question in the interview with Delaney is going to be "How fast can you move the conference HQ to Austin?" don't you?

You do realize that the first question in the interview with Delaney is going to be "How fast can you move the conference HQ to Austin?" don't you?

Appease them with a satellite office just like Rutgers. B1G's universities like OSU, Mich, Penn State, Wisc will not drop their britches like many in the B12. The disparity in size, dollars, etc aint there with B1G schools