Big12 Expansion?

nic

One theory floated on another site is KU, OU and UT to the B1G which is the best scenario imo. Travel is not too bad for those teams in the west. Far better football and basketball schools than raiding ACC's UVa and UNC. But the suits appear to have eyes set on ACC teams.

One theory floated on another site is KU, OU and UT to the B1G which is the best scenario imo. Travel is not too bad for those teams in the west. Far better football and basketball schools than raiding ACC's UVa and UNC. But the suits appear to have eyes set on ACC teams.

Why would B1G want UTah? If its UTerus you are talking about, no thanks.

If expansion happens in 10 years (when all the TV contracts are set to expire), I bet Kansas would jump to the Big 10 in a heart beat.

I suspect the Big 10 adds two if still makes sense. One Big 12 team and 1 ACC team.

If expansion happens in 10 years (when all the TV contracts are set to expire), I bet Kansas would jump to the Big 10 in a heart beat.

I suspect the Big 10 adds two if still makes sense. One Big 12 team and 1 ACC team.

Fair amount of chatter now about KU and OU to the B1G. Very solid IMO

East: Ohio St, MSU, Michigan, Penn St, Purdue, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers

West: Nebraska, OU, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Northwestern, Illinois

Please make this happen Jim Delaney.

I think those additions to the divisions make the most sense without ripping apart rivalries.

You can add more to the east but then who goes to the West? Indiana and Sparty? limited options.

Adding KU and OU means that the divisions are balanced over the long haul and historically.

I'd love for UVA to be added and I definitely believe they were in(just needed a partner to go with them) but I don't know the mindset in Iowa or Minnesota on expansion. I'd prefer to have a good balance of East and West powers.

OU is always gonna be good, They can play Texas in the OOC like the old days. Having a 16 conference that goes from East of NYC to North of Dallas sounds exciting.

If the Texas 4 go to the PAC and the Big Ten gets KU and OU, I expect to see the ACC make a move for WVU and fully accept Notre Dame. The SEC would probably move on Clemson and or VaTech so that could reopen the door for North Carolina and or Virgina to the Big Ten East. Would the SEC consider Okie State at that point? The Mountain West can have ISU and KSU.

Seems to be a lot of smoke according to the OU board

"I would expect some more insider information this week. I agree. The SEC is where it seems to be leaning from our insiders. These "reputable" sports journalist seem to pointing to the B1G. Looks like there will be a tug of war for OU between the B1G and the SEC."

http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?91985-CR-Part-X-Sure-Why-Not/page19

OU needs to avoid the Hubris that could arise from the Mizzou success in the SEC east.

South Carolina and Florida have both sucked the past few years. Georgia is Georgia. Tennessee has been down for a long time.

To expect to be anywhere near as successful in the West is crazy. LSU, Alabama and Auburn are the current top 3 programs in the SEC.

Keep OU/UT as OOC, keep Okie lite as OOC and play in the Big Ten West.

A schedule in the SEC West where you will struggle to get to Atlanta every year or the Big Ten West that is easier and just as high profile?

OOC, Okie Lite, Big Ten East team X2, Texas, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Northwestern, Illinois, Nebraska