Big12 Expansion?

nic

Seems to be a lot of smoke according to the OU board

"I would expect some more insider information this week. I agree. The SEC is where it seems to be leaning from our insiders. These "reputable" sports journalist seem to pointing to the B1G. Looks like there will be a tug of war for OU between the B1G and the SEC."

http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?91985-CR-Part-X-Sure-Why-Not/page19

For a school with more national titles and heismans, their fans sure think they can't do anything alone or big brother in Austin might get mad...

"I would expect some more insider information this week. I agree. The SEC is where it seems to be leaning from our insiders. These "reputable" sports journalist seem to pointing to the B1G. Looks like there will be a tug of war for OU between the B1G and the SEC."

http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?91985-CR-Part-X-Sure-Why-Not/page19

For a school with more national titles and heismans, their fans sure think they can't do anything alone or big brother in Austin might get mad...

Probably has to do with their recruiting in Texas more than anything.

The OU board talks about the loss of Texas recruiting if they join the B1G and point to the Nebraska's fall off. Really? They border Texas and if you get the right head coach who has a focus on Tx then I don't see a drop off. Didn't Osborne focus on California a lot?

OU can keep the RRR in Dallas plus schedule one of those "neutral" sites games in Dallas.

The OU board talks about the loss of Texas recruiting if they join the B1G and point to the Nebraska's fall off. Really? They border Texas and if you get the right head coach who has a focus on Tx then I don't see a drop off. Didn't Osborne focus on California a lot?

OU can keep the RRR in Dallas plus schedule one of those "neutral" sites games in Dallas.

Norman is 190 miles from Dallas TX. Momma can drive 3 hours for Football.

Nebraska hasn't fallen off in recruiting. I think they have had a spike.

OU has a small school mindset. Alabama recruited some top guys from Dallas in recent years. Are you telling me that it made a difference to recruits that Alabama was in the same conference as A&M because College Station is 3 hours from Dallas? Great, Momma can see you play once every other year... (rhetorical and agreeing with your assessment)

• Fire 1

As others have said...no way.

They hitched their train to UT when the Big 12 was formed because they thought it was going to create the biggest conference rivalry in the history of the world and everyone was going to create a national holiday to just sit and watch the Red River Pop Gun Battle. They did that because they viewed that as a much more appealing rivalry than Nebraska's. Hey....if that's what they wanted, that's what they got. The problem was, nobody else cared. Unless the game has national ramifications, very very few people are going to sit down and watch UT vs. OU other than their fans.

Still after that fizzled and Nebraska was leaving the Big 12, OU still felt it needed to tag along with UT wherever it went. Their AD flat out said they will go wherever UT goes. Man....if I were an OU fan and my AD said that I would be pissed off to no end. You don't relinquish the future of your own organization by tying on to a competing organization. That guy should have been fired on the spot.

• Fire 2

East: Ohio St, MSU, Michigan, Penn St, Purdue, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers

West: Nebraska, OU, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Northwestern, Illinois

Please make this happen Jim Delaney.

I would go for this, but would prefer pods so we can play NU and OU more often. Purdue and Indiana can play an OOC game every other year, or swap MSU for Purdue.

Nebraska, OU, Iowa, Kansas

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois

Ohio St, MSU, Michigan, Indiana

Penn St, Purdue, Maryland, Rutgers

• Fire 1

East: Ohio St, MSU, Michigan, Penn St, Purdue, Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers

West: Nebraska, OU, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Northwestern, Illinois

Please make this happen Jim Delaney.

I would go for this, but would prefer pods so we can play NU and OU more often. Purdue and Indiana can play an OOC game every other year, or swap MSU for Purdue.

Nebraska, OU, Iowa, Kansas

Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois

Ohio St, MSU, Michigan, Indiana

Penn St, Purdue, Maryland, Rutgers

That would work.

And we wouldn't even be in the "easy" pod....

Travel for Texas, Oklahoma, Okie Lite and Tortilla Tech wouldn't be terrible in the Pac-12.

East/West Split and reunite the Pac-8

ASU, UA, UT, TTU, OU, OSU, Utah and Colorado is a very good football division. From Austin-Ames is comparable to Austin-Phoenix.

Taking two teams from Oklahoma would be seen as redundant for the Big Ten or SEC but for the Pac-12 it is actually good for all sports. Especially basketball since it cuts down on travel.

I think the Pac-12 solves all the issues for OU and Texas politics. Or at least better than the Big Ten or SEC.

I would imagine KU to the Big Ten is inevitable after that.

I think the KU invite is only a matter of time, hust hate to see the other spot get wasted on KSU. At least if OU was the other it would help balance out the strength of the divisions a bit.

Hey, if OU says no, we can always try for Notre Dame again lol.