Conference Realingment Movement?

Creed

Even with 20 we would play each other every 3 years. 6 years home and home. Better than we have now.

This line up is pretty good. All AAU teams other than OU. geographically connected.

I think if the conferences go to 20. ND joins the Big Ten.

I would LOVE to have ND join the B1G. But I just don't see it happening in the near future, especially with their new AAC scheduling contract. And if the whole AAU membership thing is a deal-breaker (it shouldn't be since they didn't kick us out when we had our membership revoked), Mizzou would be another viable option in place of OU. However, the B1G had to chance to invite the Tigers back in 2010, but they invited us instead.

Do you mean ACC? With all the ACC teams you have in your list of 20, that scheduling agreement would be toast.

Yeah, sorry I meant ACC. And good point about them potentially dissolving. But in my scenario, I only have 3 or 4 ACC teams moving to the B1G. That leaves 10 or 11 teams behind - more than enough to keep their conference and scheduling agreement with ND intact. And they'd only have to add 1 or 2 new teams to maintain their CCG.

not sure why all the love for KU. if you are going to take a school from kansas with no football team might as well take the one with the better basketball team.

Are you advocating that the Big Ten take Wichita State over Kansas?

judging by the numerous responses to what i said, i think the reference in my handle was missed. not really advocating just taking shots at KU.

will leave everyone with some humor though, why doesnt wichita state have a football team? because if they did then KU would want one too.

Even with 20 we would play each other every 3 years. 6 years home and home. Better than we have now.

This line up is pretty good. All AAU teams other than OU. geographically connected.

I think if the conferences go to 20. ND joins the Big Ten.

I would LOVE to have ND join the B1G. But I just don't see it happening in the near future, especially with their new AAC scheduling contract. And if the whole AAU membership thing is a deal-breaker (it shouldn't be since they didn't kick us out when we had our membership revoked), Mizzou would be another viable option in place of OU. However, the B1G had to chance to invite the Tigers back in 2010, but they invited us instead.

Do you mean ACC? With all the ACC teams you have in your list of 20, that scheduling agreement would be toast.

Yeah, sorry I meant ACC. And good point about them potentially dissolving. But in my scenario, I only have 3 or 4 ACC teams moving to the B1G. That leaves 10 or 11 teams behind - more than enough to keep their conference and scheduling agreement with ND intact. And they'd only have to add 1 or 2 new teams to maintain their CCG.

Your list covered all the possible teams. minus maybe ND and Texas. Unless we have to settle and take a Uconn or Pitt. From a football perspective I would like to get to 16 and even 20 over staying at 14. I would prefer 12 over 14, too. I think the Big10 was headed to 16 except they couldn't find a suitable partner for UVA and then the GORs shut expansion down.

Notre Dame will not be joining the B1G. I think they made their stance clear when they decided to play an ACC schedule for the foreseeable future.

Agreed, they are to the Midwest what Fredo was to Godfather, walking away from the "family" so they can get the respect they think they deserve. Once they loose out on the playoffs due to the independent status, they will join ACC football full time.

My thoughts on conference realingment.

Either the ACC or Big12 will become irrelevant as a Power 5 conference at some point, likely when the conference GOR expire, I cannot see any one university fight the legal battle to dissallow a GOR.

I see 2 powerfull unhappy schools that could shake things up. Oklahoma could move to the B10 with Kansas. Both are state flagship universities which the B10 wants although OU lacks AAU status. This could happen, but I dont think so. Florida State is getting 17 million from the ACC which should make them more upset than OU which gets 26 million from the Big12. I may be a little off on those numbers but not enough to disprove the point.

I see a group of FSU, Clemson, Miami, and Lousiville/Georgia Tech going to the Big12. None of these schools will get into any other conference. If the Big12 could have gotten things together I think this would have already happened. I just think the money is there. This would make the ACC irrevelant, even with Notre Dame. I like the idea of FSU in the B10, but the B10 wants a continious footprint so I dont see it happening.

Next piece is North Carolina. The B10 wants UNC and Virginia. The SEC wants UNC and VaTech. The loser gets Duke. So UNC and UVA to the B10 and VaTech and Duke to the SEC.

What does ND do now? ND and BC to the Big10. ND and Lousiville/GA Tech to the Big12. Nobody has any idea what ND will do.

not sure why all the love for KU. if you are going to take a school from kansas with no football team might as well take the one with the better basketball team.

Because Kansas has already been vetted, is willing to jump ship, has the better (historically) basketball program and pedigree, Delaney is a former collegiate basketball player (hence his desire to build the B1G as a basektball powerhouse and soft spot for basketball programs), and frankly, is a Power 5 school.

And if you want to be all douchey about Kansas' football program, just remember that Kansas has been to a BCS bowl more recently than Nebraska or Mizzery.

Kansas also has an 8-52 conference record since that game. They have had exactly one winning conference record during the entire twenty year existence of the Big 12. One miracle season almost a decade ago doesn't do anything for the attractiveness of their football team - the football team that actually has less scholarship players than some FCS schools. Kansas had to hire Texas A&M's WR coach for their head coaching job. Not a head coach, OC, or DC from another school. A stinking WR coach! In the time I've been watching college football I can not think of a power conference football team that has been in a worse position than they are in now.